I still plan on other beach towns this summer. Found out that the day trip isn't bad traffic wise (aside from any unpredictable traffic accidents or road work).... We made it from the mountains to the so cal beach in less than 2 hours. Coming home was a breeze and was actually surprised at how traffic flowed until we got about 3o minutes from home and found out that there was freeway work going on which we could have avoided had we checked out the various routes home.
We committed to go to the beach at least every four to six weeks and spending the day at the coast.
Here are just a few pics from the little area in Newport Beach called Balboa Island. I took lots of photos which I'll eventually post. We ate at Ciao's in the past a few years back - very good Italian food. We didn't eat there this time - we actually ended up going to a drive through in Huntington Beach at a Jack in the Box before we got on the freeway.
Laura next time you visit we should spend the day going up and down the Southern California coasts.
We use to take the grandkids and they always got an ice cream at Sugar N Spice.
We committed to go to the beach at least every four to six weeks and spending the day at the coast.
Here are just a few pics from the little area in Newport Beach called Balboa Island. I took lots of photos which I'll eventually post. We ate at Ciao's in the past a few years back - very good Italian food. We didn't eat there this time - we actually ended up going to a drive through in Huntington Beach at a Jack in the Box before we got on the freeway.
Laura next time you visit we should spend the day going up and down the Southern California coasts.
We use to take the grandkids and they always got an ice cream at Sugar N Spice.
It looks like Ciao's had a wait line. I guess that is Italian food?
ReplyDeleteWhat I ought to do is drive down the coast from Oxnard and meet you guys because I'm just thinking after the long drive to your place and then down the hill and through coastal towns (which I really would like to do) would be a heck of a lot of time spent in the car. And in the summer, as it progresses, it would be SO busy and I already experienced crazy crowds over at Venice that time with Erin. I look forward to more photos of those areas for sure!
Looks like a fun place to visit. I envy you living so close to the beach that you can visit there frequently.
ReplyDeletethanks Connie - I envy those who live even closer, lol. Just met a guy yesterday at Lake Arrowhead who use to live in Newport Beach and moved away to the mountains. He is much happier up here. I guess the grass definitely is always greener ... Yea Laura that would work. it would be a lot of driving although we could have Mike do the driving for us.
ReplyDelete'Sugar 'n' Spice' and everything nice!
ReplyDeleteNice to see your photographs.
All the best Jan
These types of outings are always fun. I love exploring neighbouring towns and their little shops and restaurants. I do envy you the beach! Sugar N Spice...such a fun name.
ReplyDeletethanks Jan - and Martha - I love getting out and exploring and could do it probably every day especialy where we use to live and there were a lot of little towns nearby to go walk through. I miss walking in the foothills and finding trails, when I lived off the mountain.
ReplyDelete