Translate

Thursday, August 2, 2018

MORE BALBOA ISLAND PICS

It's about time to post some more photos from our trip last month to Balboa Island and other beach towns.  We keep planning on going again and were going to go last week but got busy with grandkids who are visiting.  Then we were going to go this week but got busy again with another grandkid.  So maybe next week or so we will take the trip back to the area - about an hour and a half away from where we live.

Hope your summer is free from fires and smoke and heat and floods.

It's been quite nice here over the last few days. 

These are all from the same area - Balboa Island which is in Newport Beach area and up the coast from Laguna Beach and going towards the more northern beaches in LA County.

I think the requirement to live around here is that you have multimillions of dollars to afford it. Some of these places park their yachts right outside their front doors.  In fact, this big yacht sits right in front of the house I talk about below.  So whoever bought that house probably owns this yacht.




A long time ago.... really in the way distant past, a woman I worked for, then was a partner of in a business, and then I decided to raise a family and unpartner myself  way before the business got really successful, ......owned this house right below, but evidently she has moved somewhere else on the island. 



I will probably be putting photos of the whole outside of the house up in the next post - really probably only interesting to myself but i want them on the blog.

As I walked on the walkway to take the photo above this lady was ahead of me and is in most of my pics as I take my walk so I'm leaving a lot of photos out.  I'm sure she wouldn't like to think she was being followed and photographed.






The other part of Balboa is across the bay.

Another view of the old friend of mine, ..house.  I saw pics inside when I looked it up on google and well - amazing.  I myself never went there because we lost touch years ago.  I happened to google her name and that's how I found this place.









8 comments:

  1. I found these interesting, and what a house your old partner lived in! Would enjoy a walk around there some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes let's meet, lol. I'll have to post photos of the inside some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really lovely, Sandy. I'm always happiest near the water. It is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your photographs.
    I do like the white fence and the flowers in your last photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Martha - and Jan and wow, good to see you Brenda. It's been so long - every once in awhile I make it over to your blog to see if you have posted anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Looks like a ritzy place. :) It would be neat to walk around and explore that area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this story from the past. What a beautiful home and area
    .

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend. 😂😂

    ReplyDelete