Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2019

MISSING THE WALKING TRAILS I USE TO GO ON - BEYOND THE FENCE

Appreciating what I had then and appreciating what I have now.  All of nature - I appreciate it.  Back then you could park anywhere on any street around where I lived and simply walk out into the foothills and trails.  Now, you have to "reserve" a  parking space to park and get out and walk the foothills.  What we do is go to a street next to a wash/gulley and park there free and walk out.  I still like visiting the old areas and walking through my memories.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and banner background picture! I can't get over that people have to pay now to get out there. Those were the days.......I thought they'd never end.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was a shock to see the signs all over Saphhire and Almond above our road - and into the whole area above where all the big houses were built. You have to reserve a space to park. But having been locals for so many years we knew to go over to Turqoise by the big wash area and park there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you say you like to walk through your memories.
    Those are the cherished times.
    Too bad things are so different now and a bit scary too.
    Be safe where you walk but enjoy your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good idea to book the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fortunate to have so many beautiful places nearby to walk through.

    ReplyDelete