Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2020

HELLO TO YOU

I haven't been blogging much lately.  I seem to be in a holding pattern waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get out and do what I love - which is basically be outside whether  it's working in the yard or walking/hiking in some of my favorite areas here in the mountains. 

We did go to Big Bear the other day and passed an area I've posted photos of before.  Unless I'm not remembering it right, but I have looked at past photos and it appears another new house has been put up at the  Wahkeena Ranch Development.  There are  22 residential lots.  I've been passing this way for at least six years now and I think the first photos I ever got (which I will find eventually ) only had a few houses in this area.

Right across the highway from these homes is Big bear lake.

Next time I go I'm going to see how far up I can drive through a few of these roads.   I am so fond of the colors of the hills behind these houses. 

And more photos of  areas of Big Bear which includes Boulder Bay - completely iced over as well as a few other small seasonal lakes around Big Bear Lake.  Snow is coming in tonight but will drop more snow up in Big Bear than here - We are only looking at the most a couple of inches. 

Oh and farther down - a HUGE BOULDER which sits across the hwy from a bay in Big Bear called Boulder Bay - where the people are standing on the docks.

















12 comments:

  1. Great photos & some lovely houses there.

    I'm in a lethargic mood and seem to be flitting about & not actually doing anything much. Could be the weather which is one day cloudy, windy & wet and the next crisp, bright & lots of sunshine. Now I'm not a fan of hot weather and couldn't live in a hot climate but I've just been watching Death in Paradise which is filmed in Guadeloupe, now I fancy a walk along a lovely Caribbean beach & maybe just paddling along the edge of the water. No chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me - in a way. I need to get a move on to the next season - get me out of this strangeness. Death in Paradise - I will check that out - I was in Jamaica a few years ago in November for my son's wedding. That is the MOST humid place. Inside the hotel room we could watch the beads of water dripping down the outside of the windows, from humidity not rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the last photo, I believe you guys drove me up through that area? That boulder is unbelievable!! Very pretty pictures of the area there and the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bellas imagenes, que nos llevan a unos espacios de gran belleza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gusta ver estas fotos ahora que tenemos tanto frío Sandy.
    Precioso el balcón de flores de la cabecera.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your photos so much! The colors are so pretty, and I want that last house.
    It is too warm here. We have a cold front go through about once a week, but it only temporarily cools it down, because we are too close to the Gulf. So I enjoy your snow photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roads, the places are wonderful! And the state you live so sunny, so beautiful!
    I saw mountains on some of your photos, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buen paseo te has dado por esa hermosa área. Es normal, que si llevas tiempo sin ir, encuentres construcciones nuevas.

    Espero que mejoren las temperaturas y tengas ganas de salir.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very colorful and unique homes and photos ~ ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just "Dream Country" for me. Amazing homes and scenery.
    That boulder on that fence line is amazing. I like the dusting of snow on the top.
    Thanks for the tour.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, Sandy. This is such a gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photographs Sandy …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete