Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS SUNNY

and I could make this post funny.

But...  all I can say is it felt so good to finally get several days of good walking in again.  I've hibernated too long because of cold snowy or windy weather. 

A few days ago we visited a trail/path along a wash/creek as they call it there... that I use to walk on quite often when I lived down from the mountain. 

First photo is a shot off the freeway near an area I use to live in the foothills and Mike and I use to climb all over those hills when we could find a path that wasn't overgrown and hiding snakes.

We definitely need more rain over the rest of winter and spring to really green up those foothills.  In the mountains now where i live the snow has melted and everything is so green and healthy looking (except for the trees with bark beetle disease that are going to be cut down).

This path we are on cuts through a park and then on to a path that takes you farther up the mountain, which we didn't do this time....not in any type of condition to do that yet after sitting around all winter.

Last photo is on the freeway heading back to the mountain range where we live.















7 comments:

  1. I love these photos! They show so much about the area you lived in and what the mountains look like in the distance and driving towards them! What park is that...it looked a bit like the park at the lake in Atascadero, so I don't recognize where the park is. I really enjoyed seeing these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mountains! How nice to have trails like those to walk and enjoy your views. I hear you on sitting too much. We have basically quit walking because we are too wussy to walk in the colder weather. Laziness prevails at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's how i was Linda - when it's cold i just give in and stay warm.

    Hi Laura - there are times when the Inland empire is so pretty - when the skies are clear through the years down there we found so many great places to walk. I miss it at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pathways and the scenery is breathtaking.
    Glad you could get out and walk again.
    Hubby and I were talking last night about getting off our "duffs" and begin walking again too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk. I need to get out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty views! I'm glad it was warmer so you could get out and walk. It's 27 degrees here, and we have several inches of snow on the ground. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete