Translate

Thursday, June 10, 2021

A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE IN RIVERSIDE, CA

 Yesterday we went over to Riverside, about 40 minutes away to visit the botanical gardens at the UC Riverside.  I was surprised that on a Wednesday they were closed especially because it's all outdoors so I figured it didn't have anything to do with Covid.  Anyway, they are now only open a few days a month from what I can tell.  

We then went over to the Mission Inn a really unique amazing looking place with mission style architecture and according to Wikipedia is World Famous.  It is something to see for sure.  I'll post photos later.

Afterwards we drove through some of the old neighborhoods and this particular house I really loved.  







16 comments:

  1. Me gusta la arquitectura de las casas que has fotografiado.

    Espero que regreses de nuevo a ese lugar y en un día en que ya estén los jardines abiertos.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straight out of a fairytale !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s an adorable house and the garden looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing homes! I love those "Old California" neighborhoods. Bet they were built back when Riverside was just a small town surrounded by farming, including citrus trees and probably some dairy cows. I'd love to go back in time and see it all 100 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've mentioned my Mom lived in Riverside with my step-Dad until 2002, and I visited about every 6 months. We went to the Mission Inn but never drove around to see the older homes. Your photos of them are spectacular. I don't think we ever went to the botanical gardens. Weird that they aren't open all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there...

    Linda - The gardens are really nice - they are at the University and they use to be open as far as I know pretty much every day. I love the cacti gardens and the succulants the best. Mission Inn - outside ..by the mall area ... was almost vacant - hardly anybody around.

    HFH - ... I love them also. At least near where I lived before the mountains...Redlands, Claremont, Upland, Riverside, Pomona, so many of these areas had the old home. I loved walking through the neighborhoods way back when.

    CJ: Those old homes are my favorite - would rather look or live in them vs a mansion or modern achictecture.

    Ashok - ..it does... a lot of them in this area do. I use to do front porch posts and I think I'll start posting them again .

    Thank you Mirada...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, what a wonderful house.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty houses and I love the white fence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree...beautiful house and garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice house and garden.
    Thanks for the photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos and post about your favorite ~ house ~ xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments. i enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course really much older homes is so wonderful to see and photograph and I love the feelings that they evoke.

    ReplyDelete