Translate

Thursday, May 12, 2022

TAKING THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED - EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS

 We were up at Big Bear Lake and then headed down the 18 towards Baldwin Lake Ecological Preserve.  (altitude about 6800 feet - they get all seasons there).   Before going into the Preserve we decided since we had taken the jeep  this time to discover more of the area.  We took  off on dirt roads and I was so surprised to see many more houses and cabins that you don't even know exist out there unless you travel these roads.

This first picture we saw after taking a dirt road and this opened up before us.  I immediately wanted to move into that blue house.  I kept imagining what the night sky must look like out there.  Most properties seems to be on several acres and I can just imagine the peaceful feeling in this particular area.  Oh...and the fresh air smell was amazing.  

I knew this was my kind of place when i saw the skeleton lounging against the rock. (photos toward the bottom)  I figured there is a kind of strangeness here I could live with.  

There are quite a few dirt roads to explore and we didn't get to all of them.  Some were really really bumpy but this particular road was easy to drive on.  I know there is more to explore but we will save it for another trip up - probably next week.  There should be more blooms happening at Pebble Plain than we have seen so far so we will check that out next time.

























15 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great place to explore! Quite peaceful. And that skeleton! HAHA Just my type of sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esa casa azul, se ve preciosa, así como otras casas que hay por ese mismo lugar. Lo bueno de ellas, es que están rodeadas de naturaleza.

    Que tengas un buen fin de semana.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The country road has beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Catalin - looking forward to going there again.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I'm with you. The skeleton! I would have put that there lol!! These lucky people getting to live in a community like that. I'm so envious. I live in a south central coastal cookie cutter neighborhood. Although a nice peaceful place, not what I would choose if I had my druthers. Manicured lawns..meh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you live in Florida. I visited there once as a kid so don't remember much. I love these type of communities also.. We only lived in a regular neighborhood after we got married for a couple years and then it was always someplace that wasn't in a tract. i use to like manicured lawns and do like looking at them because i don't see them anymore in the mountains. I know more and more people have gone to drought resistant type plants and gotten ride of the lawns.

      Delete

  5. Me gusta la casa azul. Se ve un lugar tranquilo.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the stories he could tell! I've seen lots of unusual things in people's yards before but never a skeleton unless it was Halloween time. Somehow he doesn't look like he was leftover from then but meant to be lounging there. The blue house does draw the eye! All the houses are pretty and your drive there had to have been amazing, the air quality invigorating. I think the highest altitude I've ever been to was Grandfather Mountain in NC and it's not quite 6000 there but heady enough for me even in my younger days.
    P.S. I loved your poppy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice drive and I loved exploring down the dirt roads. The skeleton was a perfect thing to see - it made was laugh and wonder who in the heck lives there and do they have more bones around than we saw. lol ..thanks about the painting. comments are still weird over there.

      Delete
  7. What beautiful and peaceful places.
    I loved the houses.
    So funny the skeleton resting against the stone, it must have been placed there for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria - it was a strange site for sure.

      Delete
  8. Somehow I missed this post. How excited you must have been when you turned onto this road and saw these beautiful sights! Camera out, click click click, deep breaths of fresh air, excitement to see what is around the next curve. I would have loved this drive!!

    ReplyDelete