Translate

Sunday, January 14, 2024

HI ALL WHO MIGHT STOP BY

Is your year starting out like you hoped?  My year so far is filled with thoughts of getting out to various places and seeing something different than mountain trees.  I'm ready for a road trip but don't see that happening any time soon.  

 I think in a few months I will be going back to the central coast to offer some support to my niece and family in taking care of my brother-in-law with  Alzheimers.  They do need a break at times and it's something I can help with here and there.

So here's where my thoughts have been.  On the road.  I would love to have an RV and just take off whenever the mood hits.   But...how in the heck do people afford the gas.  At least in California it's still so expensive. 

These are photos are people travel up the 101 in California.


















36 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog ~
    Hope things work out for you.A major decision for sure ~ I once thought of an RV but decided to keep things simpler ~ I think was needing to 'run away' ~ just my experience ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. It probably won't happen...even just for a vacation. Gas is way too expensive out here. Simpler is sometimes better. I live a very very simple life now - lots of time for reflectiion, hiking, photography, etc.

      Delete
  2. Hey...welcome back to Blogdom...I have missed your posts. I sure know what you are saying about gas here in our state..horrible... Hubby and I would love to just get away and a RV would be so much fun. We rented one when our boys were young and did the Canadian Highway. Lots of fun and really built memories.
    Big decision to help out with your nieces father that has Alzheimers. I care give for a friend once a week that is in stage 3 going to 4 of Alzheimers too. It's a devastating disease.
    Wishing you good, peaceful times ahead.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I know from reading your blog you help out with a friend who has Alzheimers. I know that any help is so appreciated from families as it's a really bittersweet thing to be involved in. On a full time basis it can get exasperating which I think my sister had to deal with. I would offer to help but she felt it would be easier to handle it alone. She also didn't let her one child know how serious it had been getting. She was so stressed out. I know when I am there helping it's very difficult at times and yet the family has it all the time. your Canadian trip must have been amazing.

      Delete
  3. Miss you friend. Love your photos. Would love a postcard. Sending hugs.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rue I had your address at one time and woudl love to have it again. I would definitely send you something.

      Delete
    2. (Regine)...hugs. Love your writing!!

      Delete
  4. Me recuerda, el último viaje que he hecho, que también me dedicaba a tomar fotografías de la carretera.
    Buenas imágenes has captado, detrás del cristal del coche.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm driving in California - nice photos! We talk about what it would be like to have an RV sometimes. I used to read a blog of a gal who took fairly frequent trips with her husband, traveling around different states. It seems like RVs have a lot of maintenance, and I would not enjoy that. Now, if we win the lottery, maybe we will get one of those million $$$ ones - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you ...I think it would be nice but then there is the maintenance. I might have seen the same blog back in the day. I use to follow her. Sometimes they would stop at a friends or relatives house and stay for awhile. I can't remember her name but I probably have her link on an old blog of mine that I closed out. I would love to see more of Texas. My son lived in Fort Worth for awhile and we flew in once. I couldn't believe the amazing price of these big houses. I went through a tour of newly built houses and they even had wine cellars. Compared to California prices they were so reasonable.

      Delete
    2. Haha yes if you moved here you'd get a lot of house for your bucks, but I bet you would miss the drives into the mountains. The closest we have to mountains is in west Texas or the Big Bend area, or you can go to Oklahoma and find some pretty "mountain" drives, but nothing like yours! You'd probably call them big hills - lol!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks Ashok. The coast up the 101 is so gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. It's so good to have you back in blogosphere, Sandy!
    Looks like your year's off to an interesting start with thoughts of road trips and supporting family. The idea of an RV and spontaneous getaways sounds fantastic.
    Your kind-hearted willingness to assist in caring for your brother-in-law is truly admirable. It's a selfless act that reflects your compassion and dedication to family well-being.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Veronica. I hope to continue..i intend to continue, lol.

      Delete
  8. Thinking of you. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regine - thanks....will be visiting soon to view your insightful writings.

      Delete
  9. What beautiful, dramatic pictures! That sky! My year never really starts off the way I expect it to, and then just kind of wanders off on its own. For example, I never expected that I would buy a new car this year, but I’ve committed to doing so, and will be picking it up in the second week of February from the dealership. It will be the first new car that I’ve ever owned, and the first one that I bought on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, such milestones on the car business. Congrats. Hope you enjoy it and drive it all over your area in FEbruary. I don't even try to predict in way direction my year will go anymore. It's all over the place ...not physically like in travel but mentally, lol '

      Delete
  10. Gasoline here in Brazil has variations
    by state. But maintaining a trailer would certainly not be easy. Good continuation of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your visit. I think California as far as I know, is the most expensive state for gasoline.

      Delete
  11. Bien por empezar el año con buenos pensamiestos. A por ellos Sandy. Estupendas fotos.
    Buen martes.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to fix what went wrong in the previous year - too many stretched, stressed muscles, etc
    The photos have autumn and spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oH...hope you get that fixed and are moving well through the new year. Yes these photos were taken in the fall when I spent quite a bit of time there. It's Central Coast of California and always beautiful colors.

      Delete
  13. Hi Sandy,
    There are things that are temporary, not the difficulty that lasts.
    Thank you for your visit and comment.
    Complementing what you wrote in the comment that I loved, I'm reading My Big Toe by Tom Campbell, which has an interesting view on our projections.
    Good start to the month of February.
    I'm having trouble configuring comments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i must look up that book by Tom Campbell. Thanks.

      Delete
  14. I'm sure I'd commented here??? But blogger does have glitches from time to time.
    Lovely photographs and nice to see you posting.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure I'd commented here??? But blogger does have glitches from time to time.
    Lovely photographs and nice to see you posting.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope all is well with you ~ thanks for comments on my blog today ~ 2-3-24

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks so beautiful. I heard you had storm’s recently. I hope you were not affected by it.- Shashi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shashi - Luckily this year we have had a lot more rain than snow at our altitude. i'm so greatful that it hasn't been like last year's blizzard. thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  18. How are you my friend. Thinking of you. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by to review the news.
    Good weekend.
    janice.

    ReplyDelete