It's been a few years since we have traveled anywhere other than when I have gone up to the central coast of California the last two years to help with my sister and her husband, after her stroke.
Last time we were in Washington for a visit a couple years ago our son took us to a small winery in Olalla. Olalla is a really small little town with only a few stores, a post office and a family owned winery. I thought I would put these up today so I see these memories someday when reading through my blogs. The tray of food is what my daughter in law made and brought to the winery. I guess people are encouraged to bring their own snacks while they enjoy the wine experience at this beautiful place. It's only like 10 minutes from my son's house.
My oldest just turned 50 at the end of March and they were in Los Angeles because of his job so we met at a restaurant down the mountain and had a nice visit. I'm looking forward to getting back to Washington, Bend, Oregon, where another son lives and Montana where a third son lives. Thankfully my 4th son just lives about 40 minutes away - he's the youngest and just turned 40 a couple months ago. I'm feeling kind of old, lol
What beautiful photos! The colors and the scenes are terrific. I didn't realize you had so many sons, how wonderful. Hope you get to see all of them soon.
ReplyDeletethanks Linda - yes four guys Joel, Sam, Seth, John . And I wanted a girl but the youngest was a very demanding baby and I said that's enough! lol. I, too, hope we can travel one of these days.
DeleteWhat a beautiful place to spend some time. So sunny and so colorful! Sandy, thank you for sharing these beautiful memories. I enjoyed reading them and I enjoyed looking at your photos.,
ReplyDeletethanks Kaya. It's a good memory.
DeleteWhat a cozy, intimate little winery. I think I would have enjoyed that too. Perfect snacks for the taste of wine.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful country. I do know how you feel when the kids turn the Big 5-0 ...
Our older sone will be 56 in July and younger will be 51 in October..sigh
Hope you get to visit them soon.
Sue
Hi Sue, so you have all in the 50's. That's really cool. Time is going so fast anymore. That will be me sooner that I would like . Time is playing tricks and going way too fast.
DeleteVery lovely.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
Thanks Regine. I'll be over soon to read your amazing posts.
DeleteAl recordar, volvemos a vivir esos momentos. Linda reunión. Sandy.
ReplyDeleteBuena semana.
Un abrazo.
Thanks so much Laura.
DeleteIt looks so idyllic. So relaxing - Shashi
ReplyDeleteSandy, your trip to the winery in Olalla looks like such a peaceful retreat.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are stunning!
I enjoyed reading about your family gatherings and the love you share with your sons. I hope you get to visit them all soon.
Hugs and blessings
Hi Veronica. I'm hoping to visit a few of them one of these days. Actually have seen three of them recently when they have come to town and a fourth one in Montana - maybe one of these days.
DeleteHi Sandy,
ReplyDeleteHow are things going over there?
I hope well.
The images are beautiful.
Reliving wonderful moments is living.
Good start to the month of May.
Thanks and I enjoyed seeing your blog today. Your garden is amazing. Things are well here. Enjoying spring temps and lake walks.
DeleteI did enjoy this post.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs and good memories.
All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
thanks Jan. I need to catch up all over blog land.
Deletedear Sandi first of all thank you so much for taking time and visiting my posts !
ReplyDeletethis means lot to me !
i just found out your comments actually and responded to one of them . i open comment on phone screen mostly and read them later on lap top .so this is why i went to latest post and forgot to check older ones .it happens rarely actually so i miss sometimes but i see and read eventually .
it is always lovely to hear from you my friend and reading your latest post is treat indeed .
congrats for having wonderful children and bringing them up to enjoy their life and explore whatever they want .you did great job undoubtedly . this makes you proud mom and successful person who inspires others :)
i am thankful that your youngest son lives near by at least . i feel sad inside when think about days when our youngest son will leave the house too. even though it makes me happy and serene to see them moving further in life on by own still having all of them away is frightening feeling for me as mother .i know nothing further is in my hands as it is law of nature .i will be hoping for best for them and for ourselves as well.
thanks for sharing these gorgeous images of place you visited with your son's family. what a lush and peaceful vinery wow . must be great to spend some time there with loved ones.
the tray arranged by your daughter in law looks amazing and healthy :)
i hope you will be traveling again and meeting your sons families in future as well .
sending you heartfelt best wishes and lots of love !
hugs
thanks so much Baili - enjoyed reading your comment and always enjoy my visits to your blog.
DeleteWhat a beautiful deck and yard!
ReplyDeleteA quiet, vast, beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy,
ReplyDeleteStopping by to see what's new.
Good continuation of the week.
janice.
Hi, ...i realized that I hadn't checked my spam folder for comments . I was having trouble getting them as many were going into spam. Blogger is crazy at times. Thanks for checking in!
Delete