Translate

Friday, July 19, 2024

A TRIP DOWN THE MOUNTAIN RECENTLY

We were going down the mountain one day when we rounded the corner on the mountain hwy and saw this man.  I felt sorry that he appeared homeless and decided to  take his belongings and head down to the city below.   

There are a lot of homeless people that find places to camp in summer up in the mountains where its' cooler and in winter they head back down where it's warmer.  I was surprised to see him going down where it's hotter.  

In a perfect world there would be a home and food for every one.  This bothers me that so many have lost their houses or jobs.  The price of houses and the rental prices have skyrocketed.  We were down in 105 or hotter temps yesterday and where in the heck do these people go to stay cool.   

When we saw him we were in our small jeep.  If we had seen him and  we were driving a truck I would have hoped we could have given him a ride to wherever he was headed. 

Hope u are all coping with what I read these days, to be extreme weather in many places, floods, fires, etc.  California has some big fires right now and I think a big one over in the next mountain range is almost contained now called the Vista Fire that started in Lytle Creek and headed toward Mt. Baldy.

I love the Yucca plants in summer.










11 comments:

  1. Hope to visit you all soon. I've been away from blogging and usually just on my iphone over at Instagram or FB.. I need to get back here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your header - love that scene. I feel guilt about homeless folks. I know we are supposed to help people, but I am reluctant. Probably becasue I've been assailed by too many in parking lots, and I've worked in churches and seen their scams. But true homeless people - that is a different and sad story. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - that header is from a place called Will Abel Memorial Trail. It's a small trail compared to what we usually walk but so pretty. It's all uphill and a good thing its' small because it wears you out. It's really popular so I never go there during summer or on weekends. I love to go alone when no one is there. I agree what you say about homeless. We have quite a few at the freeway exits and it's a large group evidently that takes turns gathering money. Anyway I have helped some at times but the way I do it is to bring food or something to drink. One time a lady at Costco outside said she needed money for diapers. Instead of giving her money I bought her diapers . She didn't seem too thankful about that.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you back on the blog Sandy. I've missed you.
    I'm kind of with Linda on feeling sorry but there have been so many problems that I find it hard to be too giving. I think I rather give my monies and donations to charitable places and let them distribute it accordingly.
    Looks like this man is picking up cans..good way to make a little bit of money.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I really do intend to keep blogging. I find parts of the day I get so bored and just out of habit reach for my iphone to go to Instagram or FB. I really do miss the interaction here and seeing what long time blog friends are up to.. I will keep blogging! And I agree with you also about giving to charities who know where to help.

      Delete
  4. Homelessness is a growing problem/issue worldwide.
    As are people relying on food banks.

    A nice picture of the yucca.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a problem everywhere. I know out here in California people are priced out of their houses ,, let alone issues with drugs, etc.

      Delete
  5. Honoring you for helping the homeless man ~ loving gesture ~

    Lovely photos ~ Yucca plant photos are great ~ Good to 'see you' again ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    carol l mckenna
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you back on the blog!
    Your post really touched me. Homelessness is such a difficult issue, especially in extreme weather. I admire your compassion and practical approach.
    The yucca plant photos are beautiful.

    Looking forward to more of your posts, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i share your concern for imperfect world and how many people suffer within it dear Sandy .God says he made imperfect world and people not because we suffer but we should find imperfection in each other and try to fix it with our help as humans but unfortunately it seems impossible now i still believe that such kind hearted people like you still exist and do what they can for others according to their approach .that matters most .
    i enjoyed photos of way you travel and loved the flower too
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ojalá el mundo perfecto existiera y no fuera auna utopía amiga.
    Alegra volver a verte por aquí.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete