Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2024

AND ONE MORE GRANDKID IN NOVEMBER

 My youngest son  (who is depicted in this sketch) with his son Cayden and Cayden's mom) is going to have a little girl in November (not with Cayden's mom) but with his partner.  Now all four of my son's will each have a daughter and son(s).  She will be my fourth granddaughter and I have six grandsons.  

John and Carmen (Cayden's mom) never married but have always had a good relationship between them because of Cayden.  Cayden has like four sets of grandparents all who love him a lot.  He is a lucky guy.  He has graduated this last school year, as has one of my granddaughters and great niece. (my sister's granddaughter).  Time has passed so fast.  Another granddaughter will graduate next year.

This little painting was mostly done by Cayden when he was about 10.  He did the background and wanted help with the figures.  His mom is a day person and dad has always been a night person.  I was amazed at his reason for this painting - wanting to show a strong connection between them all.  Cayden has an absolutely wonderful supportive step dad and a great dad - my son.  He's a lucky guy but also a very sensitive person and I don't think ever got in trouble going through high school.  Unlike some of my sons who really challenged my patience, lol.  


I came across this painting again in one of my folders and it brought back a good memory of creating something together with Cayden.  Eventually before we gave it to each one of them, he wanted to divide the painting in half and each one got half of him.  This was all totally his idea.  

And that's my sharing for today.  Hope u are all staying cool if you are in heat zones and warm if you are in winter somewhere.  


27 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting done by Cayden and you. Congratulations on the news of the newest addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ. Since I had four boys it's nice to have girls in the family.

      Delete
  2. Great news on your expected new grand-daughter later this year.

    I like that painting.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jan. Never thought I'd have another grandchild.

      Delete
  3. Exciting to be expecting a grand daughter ~ Also ~ Cayden's painting looks like he has artisitic talent ~ the painting is fantastic ~ hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. It's nice to look forward to another little one. It was so fun when Cay was little to create this with him.

      Delete
  4. Man, that painting is amazing! What a treasure, and he sounds like a wonderful young man. Congratulations on the upcoming baby girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    The solution your grandson found is interesting,
    dividing the painting in half, I'm glad he
    There are all these bonds of love, the colors used are beautiful.
    Thank you for the comments on the posts.
    Many cities will have to be built elsewhere,
    hundreds of people lost their homes; in my family
    my brother lost everything, but he is alive and well.
    It's just the force of nature giving its message to men.
    I have a great interest in Quantum Physics and have studied
    physicist Tom Campbell and his book My Big Toe.
    I'm still trying to meditate...
    Over the years I have faced many challenges that if it weren't for
    my studies I would have already gone into a deep depression. I think that
    While I'm on this earth I'll be studying something.
    Good sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't imagine what so many are going through and having to start over. I'm glad your brother is alive and well. I agree with you about the "studies". They have helped me choose peace in a lot of different situations . I will look up those books you mentioned. I'm like you - it''s basically a passion and will be so for the rest of my life. All the best to you!! hugs

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.
    It sounds like you have a wonderfully close-knit and supportive family, which is truly a blessing. Cayden's painting is beautiful and his idea to divide it between his parents is so thoughtful.
    It's amazing how art can capture such meaningful connections.
    Wishing you all the best and lots of joy as you prepare to welcome your new granddaughter.

    Hugs and blessings, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Veronica. I just wished a lot of my family lived closer. They were the smart ones and got out of California before it became so expensive for everything. Three of my sons moved more north, Washington, Oregon and Montana. My grandson amazed me as this was all his ideal to do.

      Delete
  7. i am glad you shared this lovely painting dear Sandy . it is amazing how a ten year boy reflected the relationship between his parents :) bravo !
    wow you have such a nice big family precious friend .family is one of the most fascinating and most beautiful thing to me in the whole world :) i am glad you have this gift in abundance .best wishes and congrats for upcoming addition to your family !
    sending heartfelt best wishes to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Baili. Definitely have a big family but mostly they are far away. sigh

      Delete
  8. I am so captivated by this art work and the thought that went into it. Kudos and thanks for sharing it with us. Congratulations on the expansion of your family and being back on the blog.
    Looking forward to more posts.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sue! it was a good memory to come across.

      Delete
  9. Mis felicitaciones a sus padres y par ti también.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Felicidades por esa nueva nieta. La pintura es muy linda.
    Buena semana.
    Un abazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Laura. It was quite a surprise to hear.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations sandy on the expected new little family member!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashok. So unexpected but good news.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for commenting on my blog recently ~ great to 'see you' ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm, A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carol. I always enjoy your blog and hope I keep my laptop busy more than I have in the past. Once I got an Iphone I got hooked on the ease of looking through social media. I need a break from all that, lol. I miss my blog friends.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations Sandy. What great news for you.

    ReplyDelete