Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

HELLO AND AN UPDATE

First off, thanks for your comments on the post below.  I read them all and enjoyed them.  I will be visiting u all later.  It's been a busy month.  Oldest son moved temporarily to Los Angeles from Washington state for his job so we have seen them a few times.  The two middle guys are busy but I've seen a couple grandkids because their mom brought them to California.    Youngest son and his partner are giving us another granddaughter. We went to the baby showed and also got to see our second oldest grandson there who just graduated from high school.  So now once she is born in November we will have  five granddaughters and five grandsons.  

 We are on  an  "evacuation 2"  watch/warning  for one of the several fires hitting Southern California right now.  We are fine - as the fires are traveling more  north east but we will remain on Evac Watch until it is contained.  The fire that is affecting our mountains is called the "Line Fire" in San Bernadino County.

After Labor Day our local lake closed the swimming area but boating and fishing can still be done up until we get snow in the winter.  This all means that it will be easy to find parking and walk  along trails with very few people out during the day as they are at work.  I'm a loner - i like being alone on the trails.

So that's all the update I have other than just normal stuff in life, nothing exciting.  



Since the fire began I think about four days ago up here, the sky has been really smokey.  I wanted to go out yesterday to an area called Playground where the paragliders take off over the rim.  I wanted to see if I could see the fire (wrong angle and couldn't see anything really)  and the  smoke was mostly northwest from us.  When we arrived we were just in time to see this guy attempt his take off.  









23 comments:

  1. Lots of scary photos coming out of CA - I'm glad you are OK and hope you remain unaffected, except the smoke is no fun I'm sure. Wow on 10 grandkids! I like to be alone when I walk too, except for Hubs. ;) Take care Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has estado tan ocupada, que no has tenido tiempo para el aburrimiento.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy entretenida has estado con la familia. Malos los incendios. Este año por España pocos hemos tenido. Me gusta el lago
    Buen jueves Sandy.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so glad you are ok despite the fires ~ congrats on all your grand children and good you got see some of them ~ lovely para gliders photos ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores ~
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Yes all is well here as the fires are more east now, but sitll not contained.

      Delete
  5. So glad you are considered safe and pray the horrible fires will be contained soon.
    Happy you got to see family and that you can take beautiful walks on the lovely mountain trails.
    Stay safe
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sue. As you know it's still so hot in California and in the mountains too. Not doing much walking lately because of the heat and the air quality.

      Delete
  6. You have ten precious grandkids by the grace of God :)))
    Glad you spent some family time meeting sons and their families.
    Happy baby shower to you dil !
    Hope and pray that fire stays away dear Sandy and may it not hurt anyone amen!
    You captured gliding guy so nicely
    Did you too did ever glide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Baili - no never have tried that glide before and never will.lol. Fire is still going but much more east from us. Only about 75% contained. Some other fires going on in California right now, both northern and southern california.

      Delete
    2. from your reply i think you have fear of heights ? dear Sandy if not so please correct me .
      oh fires in your area are scarry indeed !
      stay safe !

      Delete
  7. Thank you for all the love you send my way. Your words help me to continue to write. I’m always appreciative that you lavish such kindness on me.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely deserve those words as your writings are amazing to me.

      Delete
  8. Hello Sandy,
    In some states of Brazil, fires have also been occurring.
    But I understand that in some states of your country, fires are common. It must be a major inconvenience for many people. Smoke is very harmful to your health.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Yes a lot of fires going on in California this time of year and probably more when Santa Ana winds start. ugh.

      Delete
  9. Fires have become more and more frequent, regardless of the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an older post, and my guess is things have changed regarding the fires, but I do find it very disturbing the number of these things that seem to be occurring with great regularity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for comments on my blog ~ hope you are safe from anymore fires ~ lovely photos you posted ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandy, lovely to see this update from you.
    What with flooding for some and fires for others the weather has been causing problems. Pleased that you are safe.

    Take care, sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandy,
    Just stopping by to see what's new.
    Have a great start to November.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the fire stays away and goes out soon. Shashi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m glad to hear you’re safe from the fires, though the smoke must be tough to deal with. I love the idea of being on quiet trails when the crowds clear out. There’s something so peaceful about being out in nature with just your own thoughts. Stay safe and enjoy the quieter moments when you can!

    Thanks for sharing your update, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete