Translate

Monday, February 24, 2025

MEMORIES FOR MONDAY

 I decided to name each day of the week with a title so I'll get back in the groove to post.  I have soooo many photos from the past that I love and rarely come across in all my files.  Today will be a memory of my first grandchild Hunter when he was a kid and we watched him quite often while his parents worked.  

We had an atrium in which was screened in and I could let our sweet Cockatiel roam freely.  Sadly when Hunter's mother got him a bird she had his wings trimmed so Ewe-ee never could fly.  Hunt named the bird.  This bird loved Hunter and always wanted to hang with him.  He couldn't fly to him but he was jump off and walk across the deck to Hunt who would pick him up.

Do you ever look back and see adorable little things you picked up at a dollar store or somewhere and other than during that time which was in 2004, I've never seen them again.  Did someone take them?! I have no idea but it would be nice to find them again, like a lost treasure.

So this is my Monday Memories and hopefully I'll find something for other days of the week.  I enjoy visiting you all and miss seeing your posts more often that I do. 






and then some other random photos of the bird and Hunt.  


Oh yeah, ..I had gone inside for a few minutes and come out to find Hunt with my clippers and asked him why he had them.  He was just going to trim some plants for me...  uh NO!  put those down.


And I was right there so that candle wasn't dangerous, lol.  It just looked that way.






10 comments:

  1. What a lovely trip down memory lane! Hunter and Ewe-ee’s bond sounds so special—it's amazing how animals find their favorite humans. Your story about him trying to "help" with the clippers made me smile—kids always have the best intentions! I love the idea of naming the days of the week for inspiration; looking forward to more of your memory posts! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. I do miss blogging but I never seem to have anything really to blog about. It's a laid back life in the mountains and I can only post mountain photos so much as I did in the past. So memories on MOnday it will be. As you know I am on Instagram and find I post more there than on blogs. But I want to change that

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks i think she was. I can't believe when she was alive (we don't have her anymore)..I learned through social media you can teach cockatiels to talk. I never knew that...darn.

      Delete
  3. Awww Ewe-ee looks so sweet! What a pretty bird and how sad he never got to fly, but he looks happy. Hunter is adorable. Don't you miss those days? Love your header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definiteiy do - ...i have, as anybody who had the privilege of hanging with grandkids (or their own of course)...many fun memories. It's fun looking back.I love that header also. I was looking for postcards for our areas up here and saw it.

      Delete
  4. Yay..I'm so happy to see you back to blogging again.
    Love the photos of Hunter and his sweet Ewe-ee
    Your header is beautiful too.
    Keep the posts coming!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really intend to do this. I got so stuck on Iphone with instagram and FB and others that I was starting to question why I wasn't paying attention to my blog and other bloggers.

      Delete
  5. Awww, sweet memories. Looking forward to more posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks CJ. i sure intend to post more. I like the idea of assigning a subect for the different days of the week. It gives me a lead to follow.

      Delete