(Let's say Wizardly Wednesday Wisdom today)
I'm really serious about blogging more but it might become too much, lol. No matter what I do, I usually do a lot of it - a little OCD in my nature.
Today I'm posting an older piece of art. I'll try to make this a short post.
I was born in Kansas City, Kansas and lived in a county called Wyandotte and a little neighborhood in the area called Argentine which was close to the city. I was 9 years old I think when we moved to Los Angeles, Ca and after a year to a suburb about an hour way.
I literally had this thought come to me probably a few months ago but it was years ago I had painted the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.
The thought was ..as Dorothy I lived in Kansas and being a little Catholic girl I had to talk with a man behind the curtain ...the priest in the confessional. I think back then the Tin Man always was the character I loved in Wizard of Oz and that's why I made this little painting. All he wanted was a heart to love with.
Young Kansas girls Myself and my sis. I was shorter than her and grew up to be much taller and that is when she stopped telling me what to do. lololol
And that's it for my Wednesday whatever.
quotes about love
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - A simple yet powerful reminder that the essence of life is to give and receive love."
- "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." - Martin Luther King Jr - This quote emphasizes the transformative power of love to bridge divides and foster unity.


Wonderful painting of the Tin Man. And now you have me irreverently thinking Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain. I know, I know. 3 Our Fathers and 3 Hail Marys.
ReplyDeletehaha, love your comment. I'm' irreverant at times because although I certainly believd in God, a divine intelligence loving force in our life, i personally think the Catholic religion was all teaching guilt and the devil. I literally don't remember any teaching about love and forgiveness and beauty. But then i was only 9 years old when I said what the heck is confession about. lol.. I was brought up by a family who drank beer every day of the week and had fights with their family, aunts, uncles, etc...but then went to Church on Sundays and confessed and so then they could start drinking and being A holes the rest of the week, Looking back these Irish uncles of mine were crazy fun.
DeleteYou really are quite talented both with you painting and with your camera! I enjoyed your analogy as well as your early life story. I'm so familiar with the outfits you and your sis are wearing, especially the hats and anklets - lol!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda. Oh yeah those outfits of the 50s. But how lucky we are to have had the 60 and 70's memories and clothes.
DeleteHello Sandy,
ReplyDeleteI was born into a Christian family, the fear,
the division and the control were terrible. The hardest part is seeing the impact that this
has to this day.
In the name of God, human beings do absurd things!
These phrases are beautiful!
Have a good week ahead.
I agree - it's so appasrent in the world today. To me God has nothing to do with such craziness. Hope your days ahead are nice. I think we are heading into the first storm of March which the weather guy says is that it is just "opening the gate " so to speak for lots of storms this month. I just hope snow isn't involved.
DeleteRecuerdos de tu niñez, que siempre recordarás. Ya desde pequeña, has viajado mucho.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo.
wow that's an amazing memory.
DeleteMe gustó tu dibujo y esa linda foto con tu hermana. Se os ve felices. Gracias por compartirla.
ReplyDeleteGran verdad dice la frasde de frase de Martin Luther King. El amor lo puede todo.
Un abrazo.
thanks Laura.
DeleteI like your tin man ... and it is lovely to see older photographs.
ReplyDeleteI often wonder in years to come with so many digital photographs it will not be the same ... but I guess we have to move with the times.
Sending my good wishes.
All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
I do like finding the older photos but I don't think our kids and their kids will really be into that. thanks Jan.
DeleteI love that painting of the Tin Man. You do lovely work and I like how you made the wizard of Oz your own life story.
ReplyDeleteSue
Thanks so much Sue. It resonated with me when it came to mind.
DeleteLove this Wizardly Wednesday post! The Tin Man was always my favorite too—there’s something so touching about his wish for a heart. And I had to laugh at your sister stopping the bossing once you grew taller—classic sibling moment! Looking forward to more of your posts! 😊💖
ReplyDeleteThanks Veronica. Thats true. She was bossy and then I ended up about 4" taller than her, lol. I "managed" her in my teens. oh another tin man lover.
Delete