Translate

Friday, March 28, 2025

FRIDAY FRONT PORCHES

 I use to enjoy posting photos of  front porches I would see on my walks.    Now I have a theme for Fridays.  

I had trouble for about three days getting into my own blog and other blogs.  I was getting blocked and for some reason I thought it started happening after my last post...thinking it was something that got into my computer.  I ended up deleting the last post and it just happened to coincide with others blogs that I couldn't get into either ...shorter version it was a blogger problem.  

I'm doing whatever I can to get my inspiration back for sketching.  

Hope your weekend ahead is one with good weather and good food, good health and generally good all over.  Mine will be fun because the sun will be out and it will be the beginning of hopefully lots of hiking and visiting some areas down where I use to live, to enjoy walking along some trails down there and combine that with a visit to see my new little granddaughter who is now 4 months.

This porch appealed to me because of the old mail box in front and the plants.  This was from a walk in Redlands, Ca awhile back.





16 comments:

  1. That's a very cool mailbox. Its a really happy looking house.
    So glad you are getting back into blogging. I have missed you.
    Have a great time when your son visits from Oregon. I can't wait for early June when mine comes down for a long overdue visit.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..glad you are having yours coming down for a visit. Three of mine moved to other states and one stayed local but down the mountain. He's the one with the new daughter. I'm always glad to get the visits. thanks Sue...I'm glad to be back and visiting blogs again., Hugs back to you.

      Delete
  2. That would be a cool place to sit with a glass of iced tea and to watch the world go by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ. Here in SoCal, Redlands is one of my favorite areas. It's a big citrus growing area from years and years ago. They have a lot of historical homes. We have often in the past made drives down there just to walk through the neighborhoods and once in awhile have enjoyed the "free" outdoor ampitheater in summer.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful house! I miss front porches. I notice when I look at houses online, the realtor always touts a front porch if there is one. I think other folks miss them too. And rarely do you see all those steps leading up to the porch, but it used to be a regular thing when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii Linda - since you have a connection in a way to Riverside, ...some of my favorite front porches were photographed as we walked through certain areas. I love both Redlands and Riverside . Both have beautiful historical homes.

      Delete
  4. That was me above, talking about front porches. Blogger has been showing me as Anonymous all morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is having a lot of problems. this last week there were blogs I couldn't get to, that are on my sidebar. Some were okay and others were blocked...They must have been on two different servers and finally that got fixed. I hope you figure out the anonymous thing.

      Delete
  5. Your Friday Front Porches theme is a lovely tradition! I’m glad the blogger issue got sorted out—tech troubles can be so frustrating. Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine, inspiration, and wonderful moments with your granddaughter.

    Happy Sunday, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica - ..yes blogger I think still has issues as I have read at other bogs but this one is okay. Also happy to rediscover my love of photographing front porches. One thing that is different now is everybody has a security camera on their front door area and now I might appear as a lurker up to no good, lol

      Delete
  6. Enjoy seeing your grand-daughter.
    On Sunday it was Mother's Day here in the UK and I enjoyed spending time with family.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i will, thanksJan. Hope you had a good Mother's Day.

      Delete
  7. Bonito y colorido porche.
    Buen miércoles.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you too faced such annoying blogger issue dear Sandy!
    Some others blogger friends also complain about similar problems,now a days Dorothy one of my regular blog friends from blog Frogs and Penguins also mentioned trouble regarding blogging.
    I feel happy when you mention that you are trying to get your inspiration for blogging 🥰 hope you keep doing so my talented friend ♥️
    The house porch looks so inviting and cozy for relaxing in having cup of tea 🤗
    Sending you much love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello blog admin, I'm sorry I want to share my life changing experience living with HIV.
    I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have been living with ARV, and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting, and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr jekawo From west African because my friend Hannah is africa america she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr jekawo Herbal Center...drjekawo@gmail.com also chats on his website www.drjekawo.com Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me, which was labeled as Dr jekawo Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids. I took it as he instructed. After two weeks, I went to the test and I tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases, such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, diabetes,bring back ex,neurology disease,HPV,tinnitus,cancer,ALS, Hepatitis B/C, because he cures this kind of disease.

    ReplyDelete