So back to Pismo Beach because I hadn't finished posting these photos and jumped ahead to Harmony and Cambria, which there will be more of those later.
Our first night was spent at the new Pismo Inn at the Pier (thank you to my sis and brother in law for such a nice gift of a two night stay in this beautiful hotel.
We usually stay at Kon Tiki - where one of my family members work and we did finish our stay up at that hotel but it was exciting to get to stay at this new place. It even has a roof top bar and spas.
Our room was on the third floor and we had a beautiful view of the beach. They are really developing Pismo Beach area with more and more hotels which in a way is kind of sad - Pismo Beach is such a retro type beach town and it is being modernized quite a bit but it's still as charming as ever. I love it there. Next door they are building a big Marriott next to this new Pismo Inn - ...The central coast of California is often written up as one of the best places to vacation at in California and because of social media - the secret is getting out and now forget coming up during the holidays. It's very crowded - just like our mountains are where I live - the minute it snows all the people who want snow play crowd the highway up here. We've learned just to stay home and not leave town during those times.
My cute sweet and oh so smart great niece, Hannah.
The Pismo pier is undergoing a much needed rehab and has been closed and will be until I think sometime toward the end of 2018.
starting to see the lights come on in the evening from the rooftop bar.
Our first night was spent at the new Pismo Inn at the Pier (thank you to my sis and brother in law for such a nice gift of a two night stay in this beautiful hotel.
We usually stay at Kon Tiki - where one of my family members work and we did finish our stay up at that hotel but it was exciting to get to stay at this new place. It even has a roof top bar and spas.
Our room was on the third floor and we had a beautiful view of the beach. They are really developing Pismo Beach area with more and more hotels which in a way is kind of sad - Pismo Beach is such a retro type beach town and it is being modernized quite a bit but it's still as charming as ever. I love it there. Next door they are building a big Marriott next to this new Pismo Inn - ...The central coast of California is often written up as one of the best places to vacation at in California and because of social media - the secret is getting out and now forget coming up during the holidays. It's very crowded - just like our mountains are where I live - the minute it snows all the people who want snow play crowd the highway up here. We've learned just to stay home and not leave town during those times.
My cute sweet and oh so smart great niece, Hannah.
The Pismo pier is undergoing a much needed rehab and has been closed and will be until I think sometime toward the end of 2018.
starting to see the lights come on in the evening from the rooftop bar.
Such a soft night it was on the roof top deck with the almost pastel colors! I love how nice the lobby looks in that last photo you put up! I will be grabbing photos of family that you put up and I will post any with Hannah at her blog. We were just out on the beach there today and the waves were BIG and the tide was very high and there was that golden light like you captured when you stayed at the Kon Tiki, and the weather was very mild. Hurry up and manifest a place up here to live!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh....so beautiful! I'd be happy just being near the beach!
ReplyDeleteWow, so gorgeous. What a beautiful place to vacation!
ReplyDeleteIt was perfect weather - the kind I like and usually we go in November for Thanksgiving which still can be pretty warm when we do all our towns visiting and walking...but because of my son's wedding- ...we stayed home in November after our trip and came in January instead. It's so hard to leave this area and come home to our small town, limited hiking with up and down no matter where you go - always if you walk down to town or the lake you have to walk up, ugh..getting tired of that.
ReplyDeletethanks for looking at this beautiful place - i have lots more to share from several small towns we visited in the area.
Laura - I'm working on getting out of my own way and allowing the future to unfold in whatever wonderful way it will. I'm open to a new experience for sure - and especially there.