Started out to be a bit chilly but by the time we got walking it warmed up. Great to be out after the last few days of heavy fog.
While walking I spotted the Queen of the Lake taking a few passengers for a tour (The tour is showing celebrity houses alone the lake). I know there are a lot of big luxurious houses but I don't 'know who all owns them. A few that use to own there was Lindsay Wagner, Brian Wilson (Beach Boys), and years and years ago Cary Grant, Marilyn Monroe and Rock Hudson (according to google)...Other than that I don't know. Whenever we walk around there it appears that these must be seasonal vacation homes because there is hardly any evidence of life being lived around them.
I would love to be a "squatter" and take over one for a few months just to see how the rich people live.
You will see a huge house which is I think 23,000 square feet and the living area above the garage looks quite big and I could be happy just living above the garage. It is for sale right now for several million.
Has conseguido magníficas vistas. Un paseo en esa embarcación no estaría nada mal para contemplar todo lo que se divisa desde ella.
ReplyDeleteBesos
thanks for the visit - ...it's a beautiful area.
DeleteWhat a wonderful group of photos! If I were to pick a favorite it would be the one that is third from the bottom, the tree in the foreground, and then the two after that also are the ones that got my attention because of the softness of them I guess. I want to walk there!!!!
ReplyDeletethat's the exact scene when we were walking I asked Mike - why do you think I'm going to take a photo of this. He said just the right thing....the light and mistiness of the background.
Deletemeaning the third from the bottom - ..you can actually keep walking between those boulders..there is a little path to fit in there and come to a curve in the path that takes you over a bridge above the lake and drops you back down on the trail for a bit.
DeleteOh how I love sharing your walks, Sandy...such an incredibly beautiful part of the world you live in...oh WOW!!😊😊
ReplyDeleteWish so much I were there...
Hugs xxx
thanks Ygraine - i love posting them because I can look back and see where I was a year later, etc..or a year before would be more like it.
DeleteWhat beautiful photos. SUch a shame those houses are just occupied at times, not a real community.
ReplyDeleteHi Winifred - yes - I would gladly live in one and keep some light/life in it if only they would just ask..!! lol
DeleteThose houses look amazing, and it is so gorgeous there. It would be fun to get a peek inside of some of those homes.
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty but what doesn't translate of course to the page is the temperature, the breezes, the fragrances ...I so wish I could bring that to my photos!!
DeleteFabulous series of photographs.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed them all.
All the best Jan