You will at least know the face it puts on for the world. If I could I would get into the backyard and see it's real self but then I would be trespassing. I couldn't even show you much of its' profile.
Every time I visit Claremont it seems I get a photo of this house. I believe it has changed ownership at least one time but maybe not really. I'm only making up stories about it. The thing that first caught my eye years ago were the tall sunflowers up by the porch. I don't think there was much of a garden at that point. I will post photos of that in my next post (mostly for myself just to have the comparison but I have to find them first).
So...yesterday, we made a trip down the mountain to spend time in a favorite little but very well off town, Claremont. I love to see how these neighborhoods have changed over the last 20 years and they definitely have. People have even more money now that live here so there have been a lot of renovations of the historical homes through the years.
So here is the house I am talking about - it's very modest, just a cute little bungalow type but I am very drawn to it.
After our walk we ended up at Walmart and Aldi and then on to Taco Bell for a delicious dinner, (smirk) not so good and wasn't it just yesterday that a Chalupa, a taco and a drink was like $7.00, not $12.00 (and ..i did add something extra though, four little cinnamon type ball things that were so good I almost stuffed all four in my mouth at one time.)
Every time I visit Claremont it seems I get a photo of this house. I believe it has changed ownership at least one time but maybe not really. I'm only making up stories about it. The thing that first caught my eye years ago were the tall sunflowers up by the porch. I don't think there was much of a garden at that point. I will post photos of that in my next post (mostly for myself just to have the comparison but I have to find them first).
So...yesterday, we made a trip down the mountain to spend time in a favorite little but very well off town, Claremont. I love to see how these neighborhoods have changed over the last 20 years and they definitely have. People have even more money now that live here so there have been a lot of renovations of the historical homes through the years.
So here is the house I am talking about - it's very modest, just a cute little bungalow type but I am very drawn to it.
After our walk we ended up at Walmart and Aldi and then on to Taco Bell for a delicious dinner, (smirk) not so good and wasn't it just yesterday that a Chalupa, a taco and a drink was like $7.00, not $12.00 (and ..i did add something extra though, four little cinnamon type ball things that were so good I almost stuffed all four in my mouth at one time.)
I can see why you are drawn to that one...I am too! The gardens there are so beautiful and the yellow makes it look cheerful.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a colourful, warm and inviting home.
ReplyDeleteI love this house and can certainly understand why you like it so much. The flower gardens are amazing, and yellow is my favorite color for a house.
ReplyDeleteHi Laura, Martha, Connie -
ReplyDeletehope u are all having a great morning - thanks for looking. I am a sucker for gardens in a front yard. I'm a seeker of the front yard garden.
Oh what a stunning house!!
ReplyDeleteI can see why you always feel compelled to photograph it every time you pass...such a wonderful yellow colour...makes me think of sunny days and afternoon teas!😊😊
Eee jardín hace las delicias de la casa y el bonito porche donde poder sentarse a contemplarl.
ReplyDeleteThat home is so cute and cozy. I can see why you are drawn to it too.
ReplyDeleteI call those bungalows Grandma houses..love them and the colors and flowers are picture perfect.
It looks an inviting home …
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan