I posted a few pics in a prior post and these are the rest of them. I always love seeing SkyPark (The old Santa's Village) in Sky Forest during all four seasons. We went down into the parking lot so I could get some close up pics of the building which I love. They have lots of things to do there for kids and adults. Recently they opened a many acre bike path that other than winter is open all year long.
Sky Park use to be Santa's Village and I believe it opened about the same time Disneyland did years ago. It then sat vacant for several years and reopened as Sky Park a few years ago. We left this area and then drove to a neighborhood I like to drive through in Sky Forest.
How fun! There is a Santa's Village in NH that people enjoy year round. I always thought it was funny to see Santa and his posse during the summer.
ReplyDeleteYes this area was so popular back in the day - and it's becoming quite a tourist draw again! It's really cool inside - lots of nice shops and things to do - ..climbing wall, archery, etc...
Deletewell that was weird ..it posted twice. anyway - there is also an ice skating rink in the winter and it becomes roller skating in the summer. They have skating under the stars..
ReplyDeleteIt seems so much better than when it used to be open as Santa's Village. I guess we went there when we were kids, but I have basically no memory of it as it was. It sure has a lot to do now! Oh, the pictures came out so colorful!!
ReplyDeleteI really don't remember ever visiting there when we were young. If you don't remember it and I don't - I'm guessingmaybe we drove by it with our parents but never got to go in.
DeleteLooks like such a pretty area!
ReplyDeleteHi Martha - it is a pretty area and during the winter now the traffic gets crazy with people coming up to go to Sky Park.
DeleteNice to see your photographs, although slightly strange (but enjoyable) to see snow.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
was strange and so glad no more snow ! I just saw Wyoming got snow, wow.
DeleteOh boy, do I remember Santa's Village. Took our son there when he was little. The last time there it was so run-down we decided to never go again.
ReplyDeleteNice to see it's been redeveloped into something better.
Hi... I am still trying to remember if I went there as a kid! If so it wasn't that memorable. I really think we just drove by it. We didn't visit the mountains much at all when I was growing up in Covina. Maybe 2 or 3 times my whole childhood. Strange that now I live in them.
DeleteGreat pictures of a beautiful area. I didn't know we had a Santa's Village in the local mountains.
ReplyDeleteYes, Inger - just before you get to Running Springs area which is below Big Bear...
DeleteWonderful photos! Looks like such a pretty place.
ReplyDeleteHi Connie - nice to "see you" - hope you are enjoying your new area.
ReplyDelete