After roaming through a garden of wildflowers we went into a barn which reminded me of how much I use to love to visit these types of shops. It's been awhile so I had fun taking photos of the "goods" displayed.
I particularly liked the rag dolls and there was one stuffed dog that I couldn't get a decent photo of but it was so cute.
Oak Glen is about 40 minutes away from where we live and it's a destination that if it is on the weekend you want to stay far away. We went on a Friday and I was surprised that there were hardly any visitors at that time. Very odd.
The dog I liked is the one with the red bow.
We went into the bakery part of the store where there are tables you can sit. Surprisingly the bakery goods tasted like what you could pick up off the shelf in the grocery store near the breads ..no flavor, thick tasteless bread and a waste of money.
But ..The air was cool, the breeze was slight and welcoming and we had a good walk around an area they call the Artists Palette - filled with flowers and shrubs that were blooming which I will post next.
I've been busy with my sister's visit and thoroughly enjoyed the time we had to spend doing fun things and I wish she could have stayed longer.
I particularly liked the rag dolls and there was one stuffed dog that I couldn't get a decent photo of but it was so cute.
Oak Glen is about 40 minutes away from where we live and it's a destination that if it is on the weekend you want to stay far away. We went on a Friday and I was surprised that there were hardly any visitors at that time. Very odd.
The dog I liked is the one with the red bow.
We went into the bakery part of the store where there are tables you can sit. Surprisingly the bakery goods tasted like what you could pick up off the shelf in the grocery store near the breads ..no flavor, thick tasteless bread and a waste of money.
But ..The air was cool, the breeze was slight and welcoming and we had a good walk around an area they call the Artists Palette - filled with flowers and shrubs that were blooming which I will post next.
I've been busy with my sister's visit and thoroughly enjoyed the time we had to spend doing fun things and I wish she could have stayed longer.
Well, that place looks interesting and I like those rag dolls too! Ken and I did something similar yesterday in the Village ... walked around like tourists, went into an antique store, visited other stores and enjoyed walking around in the wonderful weather and also getting some fresh vegetables from the Farmers' Market. The chickens and roosters were roaming around and being really loud and rude! ;) I hope it doesn't take me so long to get back to visit as it did this last time. I thoroughly enjoyed the walks, the food, the games and the beauty of the lakes we visited.
ReplyDeleteWhat a charming and quaint shop. I would love to poke around in there and see what all they have to offer. I like the rag dolls too.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable little store! Those rag dolls are really cute. I haven't seen any around here for years!
ReplyDeletethanks Laura, Connie and Martha. Glad u and Ken got out and enjoyed a touristy day Laura.
ReplyDeleteRaggedy Ann's are so cute. Wish I could sew, but then what would I do with them?!
Beautiful small shop.
ReplyDeleteI fell in love with the close angels of nature.
If I went to that store, I would buy an angel.
Thank you for your presentation.
Greeting