Yesterday at Green Valley Lake - it was a cool 75 with the right amount of breezes. While down in the valley it was hitting temps of 107 and in the deserts I read it could be well over 100, it was just perfect in the mountains. Green Valley Lake is another small mountain town higher than ours with a small lake the town is about five buildings. Years ago we owned a small cabin up in this area but we later sold it. A lot of people were there enjoying the day which was fun to see.
They had a small festival yesterday so knowing it wouldn't be very crowded we headed up there - talk about small - there were about five booths and the only business open was the small market and a cafe. The house I posted photos of really appealed to me - it was just up the road about five houses from the shoreline. And, I can't pass a dog without taking its' photo(s)..
They had a small festival yesterday so knowing it wouldn't be very crowded we headed up there - talk about small - there were about five booths and the only business open was the small market and a cafe. The house I posted photos of really appealed to me - it was just up the road about five houses from the shoreline. And, I can't pass a dog without taking its' photo(s)..
Wonderful pictures! I love walking there and it seems that the tourists don't quite flock to that area, which I like! I am glad it's been so cool for you up there. We have never had the heat yet. Was supposed to be 87 today and it topped at 74. The beaches when we go in late morning are always fogged in and in the high 50s into the 60s. It has been amazing, but I know how real summer is coming in the fall.
ReplyDeleteYou would have loved it there yesterday. Glad you haven't had the heat yet. It's warmer here today at home but I don't seem to mind it now that I have the better curtains up and it keeps it cooler plus the swamper does great. Nothing is that hot here it's just that the sun feels so much stronger anymore than even if it is just 80 and one is hiking or walking fast - it can get really miserable. We will probably do a later walk at our lake. We were at John and K's for dinner last night and they sent home some leftovers that we are having to night - so a mexican dinner for us and it's already cooked! She made a really good rice. I'm picky about mexican rice and her is just the right kind with subtle flavors.
ReplyDeleteGreen Valley Lake looks so tranquil. I would love to go for a paddle boat ride there! That dog is just too cute for words!
ReplyDeleteIt would be wonderful to live in a little mountain/lake town like this. We browsed some similar landscapes in the GA mountains when we were trying to decide where to move to. There were worries about losing power/cable with an online business. So now we are in a busy area where we have yet to lose power for more than a minute. Maybe someday we will be in a more peaceful environment like this.
Hi Val - when we first moved here we had several power outages during storms but they replaced some lines and stuff. But recently because of the fires - they are replacing a lot of old poles so it's not really affecting us now as ours was replaced but a lot of people are still being affected. Better that than fires. But yeah - while u have a business you have to keep the power on. I love living here but I also really like it when we go to the coast or even just down the mountain to my favorite neighborhoods for walks. i do love the seasons though.
ReplyDeleteDebe de ser un lugar muy agradable para las vacaciones y sobretodo las del verano.
ReplyDeleteTienen muy buenas vistas la serie de imágenes que has tomado.
Besos
Those photos are beautiful. Love that lake.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty scenes. The paddle boat ride looks like it would be fun.
ReplyDeleteLove that sweet doggie ~ great photos and what a beautiful lake setting and photos too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day To You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)