Translate

Thursday, December 5, 2019

A NEW "FRONT PORCH" POST

I photograph a lot of houses when I'm out and now is a good time to post a Front Porch.  I saw this house up in Cambria, Ca - and it was so interesting to look at with all the pots of flowers and the color and style of the house. 

When there it was raining all the way up the coast until we got to Cambria where it was beginning to clear and the sun was out.  What a gorgeous day  it was and we walked around the town a bit before heading back to San Luis Obispo. 

I first visited this house back in the late 80's or early 90's if I remember correctly.  We had taken our kids and niece on a road trip up the coast and Cambria was along the way and this town has always been a favorite of mine ever since.  It has changed so much in 30 plus years.  Cambria is just below San Simeon where Hearst Castle is located.    We also years ago did a tour of the Castle which was nice but not as memorable to me as this town is. 





11 comments:

  1. What an adorable house. Such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta el color de su fachada y sobretodo las plantas que le añaden alegria y contraste en esa maravillosa fachada.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got some good photos of this house. I walk by it whenever I'm there and admire all the colorful plants and pots and even the pink paint. Right in back of this is a creek that runs through the town. I also rally like that brick driveway and even the wooden fence...everything is so interesting to look at and makes one feel happy seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost an adobe style house, right? Love the pops of blue. Your drives and tours sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely well kept home, even the driveway is so nice.
    It says welcome to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, too! The plants, the pots, the house, the driveway,and the porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very special house and its architecture is so unique. I wonder how is it inside this house. Are rooms sunny and spacious? You took very beautiful photographs of this unique house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi every one - thanks for looking - i too would love to see the inside like kaya mentioned.
    laura - i didn't know about a creek that runs through town - next time i'm there we have to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely selection of photographs of this house :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming house. You're right, there is a lot to look at.

    ReplyDelete