Translate

Monday, December 30, 2019

LAST SNOW TOTALS 14 TO 16" OR THEREABOUTS

I wrote out the story on my art blog but decided to put the pics up here -We were out of power three times so we would go out in the jeep to get some pics.  Eventually I will put more up so if you dislike snow I would stay away from this blog, lol.  Not that much snow but lots of ice and power failures.  This was  a few days after the snow dropped so a lot of melting has gone on.

Our town is small, about 11,000 people and the whole town's power went down the last time about 20+ hours.   We have two parts of town - one is Top Town which this is and the other is just Town which is where the lake is.  I love the colorful old buildings in Top Town - much more character up here than in town.


































13 comments:

  1. Wow, WOWIE !!
    That's an amazing "pile" of snow.
    I really love those colorful homes. They show up beautifully against the white snow.

    I was looking at another blogger's post just now and they were talking about how many posts they had done since beginning blogging.
    So I went back to mine and guess what I found?
    You Sandy, were one of three that looked at my first post...way back on October 22, 2005.....
    I thought that was wonderful!!
    Thanks for sticking by me all these years.
    My post today is # 1967....
    I sure don't post the way I used to but I still love it and the friends I have made because of Blogging.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's cool - that long ago, 2005. that's a lot of posts .... I am using today to catch up on everybody's blog since I finally am getting my mojo back. See u later - .... One of the three, wow. I changed blogs so many times - updated and retired old blogs that somewhere along the line i had lost your link but found it again awhile back and am glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se ve maravilloso, con los paisajes nevados.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous shots and I didn't realize just how colorful the buildings are in top town! I can't even pick a favorite because they are all so beautiful. But there is one that really made me stop and look again, and that is the fourth one from the bottom with the green trees lining the street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful buildings too. It all looks so charming with the snow, but I know that dealing with snowy conditions can make things a real struggle at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of wintry photos ~ very pretty and the colorfully painted houses show up even more against nature's 'white stuff. ~ Great post ~ hope you are cozy, safe and warm ~ ^_^

    Happy New Year to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you all for the visit. Happy new year=!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I can't imagine 20 inches. In spite of the melt, it is still a winter wonderland.
    We had about a foot one time in Oklahoma, and I remember how pretty it was until it started melting. We had dirty "icebergs" piled up on the side of the roads for days.
    Happy New Year Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I dislike the white stuff, these colorful structures look super cute covered and surrounded with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness what a lot of snow. It looks gorgeous though. I love to see it but I hate having to walk or drive in it now I'm older.

    Have a great year in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes!!
    That is a lot of snow!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW!! All this amazing snow...I am utterly jealous...we haven't had a real snowfall for years!
    Oh thank you SO much for this...now I can dream...:))

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mucha nieve hay. Este año por Béjar no tenemos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete