Translate

Friday, December 20, 2019

PHOTOS FROM GREEN VALLEY LAKE ...PART 1

It was beautiful there the other day.  Very cold and we didn't get out to walk the lake but drove around a bit.   The altitude is about 7000 feet so colder than where we are.  it's been a very cold December and snow is expected at Christmas. 

 We once owned a cabin up here but the town is like ...five buildings ... and when we would come up to use the cabin we found after being here several times there was no where to shop or eat but there was like three different realty companies, lol.   I still love to visit especially on weekends where they are the artists' studio tour.  This last year I bought some homemade placemats from a lady who makes quilts and other fabric crafts.

I was to go back soon when it's a little warmer for a walk around the lake.  Half of the lake was frozen from the Thanksgiving blast of snow that came in.









12 comments:

  1. It's such a beautiful place to stay in winter, summer and every season.
    You photographed these houses so beautifully! I love all of them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaya - it is a beautiful little town for sure which i like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of unique houses in a wonderful area ~ ^_^

    Happy Holidays to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. me gusta mucho el lugar. El blanco de la nieve, contrasta muy bien con los alegres colores de las casas.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. All photos are beautiful, but the first and last need to be painted!!! i just might do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty little, the houses remind me of photos of Switzerland! I hope it warms up enough for you to get to visit soon.
    Merry Christmas Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so nice and quite colourful too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely but only 5 houses! Nice in summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming area. I like the stone walls. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Sandy. I'm trying to catch up on blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful and very Christmas card like.
    Today its raining and everything is just gray and drippy.
    Wishing you a most wonderful Christmas.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much charm here. This must be a peaceful town with no shops, restaurants, etc. Perfect for those who really need a getaway. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas without too much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you all - this format doesn't give me an individual reply space. Hoping u all have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete