As soon as it stopped snowing we headed up the highway - ...In some places it was mostly frozen icy crystals on trees and not a lot of snow on the ground. Rim Hwy always gets the coldest temps as winds and snow blow across into the communities. I love getting out as quick as possible when fortunately there is not enough snow on the roads to make it where you have to wait for a plow. A little higher up as we went along there was more snow but in these photos it was still easy driving. We didn't try to go higher than Arrow Bear because a part where they call the road/hwy .."Artic Circle" definitely was requiring chains.
This is just photos along a quick pass through Sky Forest area where Skypark/Santas Village is. They have cleared a lot of trees making for a bigger parking lot. Sky Park has become extremely popular over the last three years when it was reopened into a beautiful mountain destination place.
This is just photos along a quick pass through Sky Forest area where Skypark/Santas Village is. They have cleared a lot of trees making for a bigger parking lot. Sky Park has become extremely popular over the last three years when it was reopened into a beautiful mountain destination place.
Spectacular....those frozen ice crystals are so pretty on the branches.
ReplyDeleteYesterday was nice but chilly and windy. We managed a walk around the block, but today its gray and showery . Don't think we will make it out for our walk today.
Have to admit I'm putting off getting paperwork in order for doing our taxes.
Not hard to do but I'm just not motivated...
The laptop is much more alluring today...HaHa...
Doing well, staying home and trying to behave!
Sue
Breathtaking photos!!!! Just WOW!
ReplyDeleteSandy, these are splendid photographs! The trees are tall and so beautiful! You were able to show nature in a very soulful way! And also artistic!
ReplyDeleteObservo con admiración, esos bellos paisajes, que has fotografiado desde la carretera.
ReplyDeleteEspero que en tu país todo marche bien.
Besos
WOW...this isn't just stunning...it is SO stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much for sharing this spectacular journey with us...really wish I could have been there too!😊😊
Have a lovely day...and stay safe!
Hugs xxx
I love the rimfrost on the trees, the Native Americans here call it pogo nip. I haven't seen it close up here, so this was a treat. Beautiful pictures as always. And what a fun trip to take.
ReplyDeleteGreat photographs you've shared here, and I love the colour in your header too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe and well.
All the best Jan
What beautiful views! Icy trees are always stunning. Although when I was around them I would constantly worry about power outages!
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty trees! The last time I saw that in person was when we lived in Oklahoma, 8 years ago. It's hard to fathom you still have such cold weather.
ReplyDeleteHope you are staying well.
Looks so beautiful. Those trees are simply gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow, your photos are amazing--so pretty!
ReplyDelete