Yesterday we went up to Big Bear Lake and spent time enjoying the great weather. One of my favorite places to walk is the footbridge over what is called Stanfield Marsh - it is separate from the lake itself as a road divides the marsh from the lake. The only time the marsh has water is if there has been a wet winter. Usually by fall the marsh is pretty much dried up.
So in the photos are two men on a bench, a family enjoying themselves all with masks on and of course the pelicans.
We found the sign interesting about no vehicles on bottom of lake interesting.
Altitude of Big bear is between 6500 and 9000 feet (I just learned that today after looking it up).
I never enjoyed watching kids play as much as I have when we are out walking these days. I'm so glad they have areas like this to get out and just play and explore their surroundings. A lot of the mountain homes are built on hills with really no yards and there aren't a lot of parks so the shorelines are the playgrounds up here in the mountains
So in the photos are two men on a bench, a family enjoying themselves all with masks on and of course the pelicans.
We found the sign interesting about no vehicles on bottom of lake interesting.
Altitude of Big bear is between 6500 and 9000 feet (I just learned that today after looking it up).
I never enjoyed watching kids play as much as I have when we are out walking these days. I'm so glad they have areas like this to get out and just play and explore their surroundings. A lot of the mountain homes are built on hills with really no yards and there aren't a lot of parks so the shorelines are the playgrounds up here in the mountains
It's pretty nice to walk where there are more pelicans than people! By the way, our Laguna lake during the drought when the water completely dried up had two cars that were at the bottom of the lake. They had been there for many years!
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a wonderful place to get out and walk and be in nature.
Siento envidia sana, de estas salidas tuya, cuando ahora aquí, no podemos salir de casa.
ReplyDeletelas imágenes muestran unos buenos lugares para disfrutar de un espacio abierto.
Besos
What gorgeous pictures! I enjoy your walks almost as much as you do. You live in such beauty. It is nice to see kids playing! We live in a rural area, and so far very few corona cases in our county or the county of our nearest town 20 miles away. I hope you are staying well Sandy.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of a beautiful place ~ great to see people enjoying some time now ~
ReplyDeleteBe Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
What a beautiful place to be at on a gorgeous spring day! I realized when you wrote about loving to watch children play now that I miss that so much, no children around in the few homes around us. It will be a wonderful day when I can watch my granddaughters play here again but I do look forward every day to the pictures of them that their parents send us.
ReplyDeleteThat sign about vehicles on bottom of lake? I don't get it!
I love pelicans and I didn't know there were white ones at Big Bear Lake. It sounds like you have a really nice time.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful place and your photographs show this so well :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
What gorgeous scenery! That is a funny sign about the cars. Odd. It is wonderful seeing children out and about. We constantly see all ages now in our neighborhood walking, running or riding their bikes. I imagine it will be tough for some kids to go back to school after enjoying some of the pluses to schooling at home.
ReplyDeleteHi ...i sure enjoyed your comments it sounds like you are all well and good - from what I've seen visiting your blogs ..some of you are getting out and about , others are enjoying their time for crafts and such. i think in many ways on some of us this hasn't been too hard and on others - it definitely a difficult time especially those with small kids to home school and families that can't work at home or are health care workers. Wow, what will we all think when this is done... will our lives change quite a bit. Hoping for the best for everybody. I love having your blogs to go to and keep in touch in a way.
ReplyDeleteNaturaleza y libertad amiga.
ReplyDeleteCuídate Sandy
Desde casa te mando este abrazo 🙅
Such pretty and peaceful scenes. Looks like a wonderful spot to walk and get some fresh air and sunshine.
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy ~ I didn't see a place to comment on your kitty painting. Your social distancing is my kind...but unfortunately, the balcony is my place...It's nice to make a connection again. I don't paint too often anymore as my dearest had been dealing with Congestive Heart Failure for a couple of years, and many hospital stays, and trying to balance meds with water retention...it's out life now, and has become our normal. I'm trilled to be a caregiver for him, and in good health myself.
ReplyDelete