Translate

Friday, September 11, 2020

I STILL LOVE REAL BOOKS -

I have the ability on my laptop to read books from Amazon but I've only tried it once and didn't care for it. I like books I can hold when I'm reading. I love this video. I saw it years ago and saved it off and then watched it again today. What do you prefer Kindle or holding a book in hand? I don't buy books any more but have a library a couple blocks away that if I wanted a certain book I could probably get it there. I'm still catching up on some novels I've had for years and never read.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy
    Thanks for visiting! It means a lot to me that you thought about me. Doing pretty well and I hope you and your family are also. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this video! I like Kindle books because I can get them for two bucks. But when I want to refer to sections in a book, I prefer a physical book. It's a bit difficult to go back in a Kindle book without losing my place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tengo también una colección de libros y me los he leído todos. En mis etapa de estudiante frecuentaba mucho la Biblioteca de mi ciudad.

    Que tengas un Feliz fin de Semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious video! That took a lot of work. My first volunteer job was when I was a young teen in our local library, where I learned about the Dewey Decimal System and how to "face" books. It was a priceless bit of knowledge that I've retained to this day. So I love libraries and old book stores, and I love the smell and feel of books. But now I read books on my iPad with the Kindle app. It's easier for me to hold, I have a nice bright screen where I can see the print without having to use readers, and I can adjust the size of the font.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've still not tried a kindle.
    When reading, I do like the feel of a book in my hand.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. After 55 years of going to the library, I use my Kindle full time these days. The only part I don't care for is going back to reread a section.

    I must say that having it has really worked well these last months.

    ReplyDelete