Translate

Sunday, January 10, 2021

BIG DAY AHEAD

 A trip to Staters at Lake Arrowhead to buy cat food and organic fig bars.  Then over to MacKay Park (depending on how the road is going up to the park -( ice or no ice) and then a walk at a favorite trail, back home to figure out if i will have an egg sandwich for dinner or a Stouffers meal.   After all that i will sit and look out my window and wait on the snow to melt.  Big day for sure!

I liked this photo I took awhile back - i think it's the old red garage doors that really grab my attention.

This is taken on a road we travel all the time going over to  Blue Jay Village  for  the last seven years and i just recently noticed this garage with red doors.    

I hope if you have plans today they will  include a dinner that will be much more tasty than mine.   




13 comments:

  1. I really like those red doors too.
    Your day sounds much more exciting than mine.
    Hubby and I overslept this morning. It sure doesn't happen very often and now it seems to be hard to just get started.
    Doing my 2nd cup of coffee and fiddling on the computer.
    Dinner tonight will be left over chicken thighs and whatever is still in the fridge. I feel so "creative" today. We won't starve anyhoo...

    The sun refuses to shine today so it's one of those Sundays...even missed church on line today..Bad!
    Choosing to look up and get into this day with a smile.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - ... I have a feeling whatever happens you'll look back and say this was the perfect day.Sounds like a nice slow relaxing morning. Smiling your way through the day - great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds lovely. We are stuck in lockdown again so can't go far even to exercise but we'll just have to get used to it there won't be any change for the next few weeks. Well it's a good excuse to have the food delivered, watch a lot of telly & sew or knit.
    Enjoy your day Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning day today and baking a blueberry bread. Never went out the door, just too busy; but it is all done for a while!! I love that garage with the red doors!! I bet I will see a sketch of it from you soon. Are you ready for a big tasty meal yet? Mine is going to be shrimp, stir fry veggies, garlic bread and the bread I baked today. Want some? lol

    So are you getting snow or something tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red garage sure is a punch of color. Himself signed up for Hello, Fresh. Meal kits where all the ingredients are delivered along with a recipe. He signed up, but I'm the one zesting lemons, slicing, dicing, cooking (not my favorite thing to do!) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy you always make me laugh. That sounds like a pretty good dinner to me - we had potato soup. I love those red doors too. You have lots of inspiration around you for your wonderful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Linda, CJ, Winifred, Laura.

    I ended up with an egg sandwich and a little cup of peaches and orange juice. It was fast and easy and ...good for losing weight. Linda - thanks for the reminder about potatoe soup - i forget that our local grocery store has fresh soups this time of year. I will probably go get some. CJ - Hello Fresh - sounds good but I don't think I can handle that much cooking - zesting lemons and dicing and slicing - ugh, beyond my ability lol.
    Laura - stir fry and blueberry bread. Okay I think i have to stop asking people to tell me what they're having for dinner. it just made me a touch jealous.
    Winifred - You got the right idea - eating and knitting. hope you can get out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like that red garage door!
    Our weekend was quiet but pleasant.
    Caught up with family via the internet as we are again in Covid lockdown here in England, UK.

    Take Care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The egg sandwich sounds good to me! You had a very busy day! Love the photo!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aquí no nieva, pero hace bastante frío y aunque ahora el sol ilumina las calles, la temperatura es baja.

    Dentro de nada, tengo que preparar la comida para el almuerzo .

    Son bonitas tus fotografías.

    Te deseo todo lo mejor en este año que hace poco ha comenzado.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome garage photo ~ the red color really pops ~

    Moment to moment....

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, that sounds like one of my big days! Was there ice on the road, and did you get your walk?

    One thing that I have noticed about your photos is how much color people use out west. Most people in New England use more subdued colors. My parent's house in Oklahoma was barn red and stone. I liked that, too.

    I love your header shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you Jan, STacy, Antonia, Carol and Sandy.
    Sandy - that's interesting about the color ...compared to your area. You should see San Francisco - now that's colorful...painted ladies and all that.
    I did get my walk, thanks for asking - i avoided ice.
    Carol - thanks.
    Thanks Antonia
    Stacy - egg sandwich is a good choice when confused about what to eat.
    jan - always good to get caught up with family ...I personally dislike Facetime - it's like i'm trying to follow grandkids who are jumping around sometimes, lol. a little difficult.

    ReplyDelete