We went out yesterday driving up the mountain past Lake Arrowhead on up to a town called Running Springs. There is an area that i like, a flat area that reminds me more of being on a country road than mountain roads. We made sure to drive by this one house where they have horses. Every time we go by the horses are out by the fence but this time I could only see them from a distance. The snow has melted quite a bit and it seems we have about 10 more days (10 day weather outlook if they are correct) of no snow.
I feel for the people in Texas and Oklahoma who are dealing with power outages with extreme temps and no heat. Hopefully that will all get sorted out soon for them.
On the way back we did some shopping at Lake Arrowhead Village and on home. Felt so good getting out and about.
Also Sky Park /Santa's Village is in one of the photos . They were closed for the day but usually the parking lot is packed . There are lots of fun things to do there from outside ice skating in winter and roller skating in summer, bike paths that go for miles, a huge campground that was just created across the highway from the Skypark - where people can camp in their RV's overlooking the valley below. There are zip lines, things for small kids to do, restaurants, shops. I've only been there twice since it opened in 2015 but would love to go again. But, it's WAY too expensive if all you want to do would be walk around and stop in a restaurant to eat.
Hope all is well in your world. It's pretty darn good in mine right now since the snow has melted quite a bit.
So glad you could get out and see the beautiful countryside.
ReplyDeleteWe have been hunkered down since it has been cold(for us) and rainy.
Today its bright and clear but the wind is making it feel really chilly. Nice to see the sun though.
Sue
ahh always nice for that sun to shine - ...we have a beautiful day but also windy and chilly in the 40's.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures and the ones with the reddish-orange colors I definitely love!
ReplyDeleteMagnífico reportaje con bellas fotografías.
ReplyDeleteBesos
It's good to see some melting snow. We're in for another nuisance snow storm today and tomorrow so we won't see melting snow for quite some time. But for the grace of God we could be having the problems in TX. The Santa's village looks cute with the candy cane. The Young One and I used to drive by a farm that had 4 draft horses. The horses used to hang out in a corner of their field by a fence. They stood shoulder to shoulder, but looked like they were having deep discussions. We called them the Whispering Horses.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to get out ...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your photographs.
One of our daffodils flowered today! A lovely sight, hopefully more will flower soon!
All the best Jan
What a pretty area! Mom and I used to go to Lake Arrowhead from San Bernardino side and I don't think we ever went back (to Riverside) via the Running Springs side. Wish we had!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your positive thoughts, Sandy, midst our travails- it meant a lot! I think we are out of the woods here with power and water, but I still feel for those that don't have it. Take care and enjoy your snow-free days!
Lovely photos of a pretty area ~ so glad you got out and about ~
ReplyDeleteLiving moment by moment,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Truly beautiful Sandy!!! I'm happy the snow is melting for you! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeletethank you all.
ReplyDeleteLinda - hope you stay "out of the woods" for sure and i feel for all those people. I know what it's like to be without power for days. We had three or four days thanksgiving 2019 but we were gone for the first half .most people in our town lost power for 7 or so days. i forget you are familiar with So Cal. Running Springs is nice and right above that a few miles is Arrow Bear - also a really small quaint area with a seasonal lake.
jan - daffodils - i love them - happy one bloomed for you. We will get our blooms around first of April.
CJ enjoyed reading your memories. and glad your snow is melting.
thanks laura and antonia.
The snow doesn't seem to last long...
ReplyDeleteHi Catalin - around here it definitely depends on where your property is - I'm on what is considered the shady side of the lake and up a bit witih a lot of trees and very little sun light this time of year. so i stil have snow in my hard from three weeks ago other places it melts fast.
ReplyDeleteI love California forests! They have a really specific western look about them. Our forests here are dense and tall, and you don't see Ponderosa pines much until you cross to the east side of Oregon. So I like seeing yours!
ReplyDeleteHi HFH... I've been in Oregon forests (just a little bit) but mostly up in Central Oregon near Bend. They are beautiful and definitely feel different than our forests here. We have so many different trees and i'm still learning how to spot the difference but i love them all. thanks.
ReplyDelete