Translate

Thursday, March 25, 2021

LOOKING FOR SIGNS OF SPRING

 Where I live in the mountains I see no signs that spring is coming - we are even expecting a light dusting of snow which was suppose to start around 11 a.m. but so far nothing.  

The other day we went over to Oak Glen.  This area experienced a big forest fire twice in one month (or two months, not sure)  in two different areas of their mountains.  It's still a nice place to visit but in the fall  the area is filled with tourists as the apples will be harvested, which is the main tourist attraction in Oak Glen.   Who doesn't want to stop at Oak Glen for apple pie?  Me.  I would never go there on a weekend in any season up there.   When we visit there it is always during the week.

Nothing much was blooming in the Montane Nature Preserve but it was still a nice day and we enjoyed going there.  







 


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Come here...we have some fall and some spring at the same time. Today's high, 58. Yesterday was 72 I think. We also have winds today, bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's cold here ...and windy and i thought snow by 11 today but it is at 11 tonight. not much i don't think...just a dusting...but it's cold. would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonito camino, que conduce a las montañas.

    Los incendios , son perjudiciales para la Naturaleza. Arden los árboles y se tarda bastante en restablecer la zona quemada, con nuevos árboles que tardarán en crecer.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery and things look green. I saw a robin, the first harbinger, of Spring. In my yard the other day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always struck by the beauty and height of the mountains in CA - such pretty photos. That apple pie sounds intriguing! Did you get your snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in a beautiful place usually means there are spots you will NOT go to on the weekend, because they are so crowded! It's nice when the schedule allows you to go during "off-peak" times. Enjoy that apple pie! Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to get out and about.
    I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Llegará la primavera no lo dudes.
    Buen domingo.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, thank you.

    Still some chilly days here in the UK but spring is coming an
    d the lovely long light nights. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks like a very welcome break for you.
    the sun is shining and the wind has stopped finally.
    We need rain desperately but it looks like it's not going to happen this year.
    I hate to think about the "fire season".
    Stay safe
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks all for the visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your photos Sandy! Such a pretty area! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete