Translate

Saturday, July 24, 2021

AT LAKE ARROWHEAD - A SUMMER CONCERT

 Enjoying another tribute band and got a few photos.  Walked around a bit before the concert started which was really good - Journey tribute band..  These blackbirds interested me for a bit.  They would land on the roofs over the outside patio areas waiting for people to leave food around.

Next Friday is STyx Tribute Band and on Saturday 31 , is Chicago Tribute Band - I'm pretty sure I will be there for both of those.



The first time I ever saw a Monarch butterfly  other than at the central coast was here in Lake Arrowhead on this same butterfly bush.



Center Stage. Lake Arrowhead Summer Concerts

Pricing is $150 for a picnic table which seats 8-10; $75 for pub tables that seat 4; $100 for a set of the cement steps which seats 4 total – 2 on an upper step and 2 on a lower step. Grass Area FREE Family Boxes measure 10’x4’ and fit up to 5 lawn chairs (BYO) or a maximum of 6 people. (I just looked up the prices because I had no idea really what it costs to get a table). We just stand around.


These guys sounds just like Journey and they were a replacement band for the other Journey Tribute band which was suppose to play but cancelled because of sickness.  This band stepped in and tomorrow they will be playing somewhere in Lake Havasu in Arizona.



Usually there are more people on the grassy area - .. So next time will bring a couple of chairs and see if we can get a pass to go in there for free.



Sun was low on the horizon lighting up a pretty scene as the last boat I saw on the lake was lit up and driving by.  It was darker than my photo showed but I lightened it a bit.


Anyway - it's a very inexpensive way to spend a Friday or Saturday evening and there's never not a good breeze at that time in the evening.  



13 comments:

  1. So does that make them a Journey Tribute Tribute band lol? Love the bird pics, too. Cute little blackbirds. I always like them, they certainly aren't shy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...yes a tribute tribute band ... Blackbirds are so social - use to being around people because of their food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a cool venue. Gosh it is expensive to go to concerts if you want to have a table and chairs or cement steps...lol. Standing around I could do. or sitting on the grassy area. All I would want to do is hear the music and enjoy the breezes. Would not need to actually see them up close. I bet there are plenty of people who can hear the music at their homes with all the windows open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed - i don't want to be confined to a table...much rather be outside of the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be old, but those prices seem expensive. I can't remember the last time I saw a concert. Maybe Bob Seger or it could have been a Temptations/4 Tops Battle of the Bands when they were a little long in the tooth. It does look like a pretty venue for a concert and the breeze would be nice to escape the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. De camino al concierto ha sido fructífero tu paseo, parece que las aves estaban esperando a que la fotografiaras.

    Me alegro de que hayas disfrutado de ese concierto al aire libre y de la música que has escuchado. Desde que se decretó la pandemia, aún no he aasistido a ningún concierto y los echo de menos.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d love to visit Lake Arrowhead. Looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, what a cool concert...how I would've beloved to have been there... haven't done anything fun for so long now!😉
    Love the blackbirds too. ❤ We have quite a few visit our garden in spring, when they next in our hedges.😊😊
    A fabulous post, thank you so much!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you enjoyed the concert.
    I do like those blackbird photographs, and your last photograph is great, looks a lovely place :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun..at those prices I guess I would stand around too. Enjoy the next concerts too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy you had a great time! Loving all the photos! Thank you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos.
    It was certainly a very nice concert.

    ReplyDelete