Translate

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

HELLO -

 Just sharing a photo of these gorgeous lilies which I bought myself the other day. 

 Just in case you don't know this fact, which I didn't, but something popped into my mind and said "look this up they could be toxic to cats".  Where that came from I don't question just accept that somewhere inside of me I knew it could be dangerous.  I probably read it and just didn't remember I did. 

Anyway i now have had to move them into my bedroom and keep the door closed so Beanie can't get in there.  When we first brought them home I didn't know about the toxicity when I had them on the counter in the kitchen.  She was very interested in them and seemed attracted to the fragrance.   She seems fine so that's good. 

They sure make a bedroom smell good - They smell just like Stargazer's which I've always loved but I think i like the white lilies even more. 




13 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself.
    Lovely flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers but I'm so glad you got an inner warning...
    Something so beautiful could be something so deadly.
    Enjoy your day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un ramo muy bello. No sabía que era perjudicial para los animales, ahora hay que procurar, que no entre en la habitación donde están las flores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize they had a fragrance similar to stargazers. They look so nice there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really pretty, and it's wonderful that you bought them for yourself. I used to buy myself flowers back in 1976 - yes I remember! There were daisies for $1.00 at a little flower shop near us and I loved them so much I bought them every week or so. I love stargazer lilies and their fragrance too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! Good for you for treating yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lilies are so pretty and good that you are keeping them out of Beanie's way. I was shocked to find most plants are toxic to kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks all. So Beanie is fine - the night she had them to herself, the first night, whatever sniffing around she did, didn't harm her. She's never shown a problem since then however, I'm over the "fragrance". lol. They are still looking fresh except for two blooms I trimmed off. I guess I'll stick with sunflowers from now on. But..i probably better look those up also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dazzling lilies ~ great photos too ~ Glad the kitty can't get at them ~ xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning lilies!

    Flowers are always a great gift to oneself!

    Have a great weekend, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you Regine, Carol and Veronica, ..for the visit! I just had a weird thing happen

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to treat yourself! Beautiful!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete