We always get out within two days of snow when everything is plowed to see how much the other towns got snow. We didn't get much only an inch or two but did get lots of rain. We checked out some of the nearby lakes and Lake Arrowhead is already showing less shoreline so the rain helped the levels. Lake Gregory is looking good and another storm will be coming about Wednesday of next week.
Here are a few photos of driving through Rim Forest, Running Springs, Sky Forest, and ArrowBear lake which i always make a point of seeing that small seasonal lake.
We are actually going somewhere today we haven't been in a year. TapRoom in Lake Arrowhead to get one of their pretzles and a beer. We go to Lake Arrowhead at least once a week for groceries at Staters but because of how crowded it is during different parts of the year we stay away from the restaurants. Beginning ChristmasVacation- for three weeks in the mountains it will be filled with people coming up for the snow. We will definitely stay home on the weekends.
Running Springs, Arrowbear and on up to Big Bear definitely has huge rocks along the highway. Not so much in Blue Jay and Lake Arrowhead area but the size of the rocks increase as you go up higher. I love the topography of the area and amazing to think of the forces of nature that created these mountains in the world and how different each mountain range looks with their trees and wildness.
Son preciosas las istas que has conseguido en ese hermoso lugar. No le has temido al frío, para salir a caminar.
ReplyDeleteBesos
You got really good shots of the areas and the snow! So colorful and cold looking.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! I had a friend who used to live in Arrrowhead and it was always fun to visit her. I never visited during winter though and would have loved the snow.
ReplyDeleteI tried to leave a comment on you other blog, but it didn't work, so here I am again:
ReplyDeleteMy eyes are so tired, so for now, I didn't read the story, but I scrolled down and looked at all your sketches. In the comment that didn't work, I mentioned that I used to love to visit the art museums down below, and now that I live in the mountains, I just love to visit your blog. It serves the same purpose for an art-loving person like myself.
thanks Inger. I will check and see if comments are going through or not. I didn't change anything that I know of, unless accidentally. Thanks for your nice comment. And nice to know that you visited Arrowhead. I swear every year gets more and more crowded and I think its' probably due to Social Media...
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura and Antonia.
Snow looks pretty in pictures. We may end up with an inch or so tonight though most of it will be sleet and freezing rain. Only 184 days until the First Day of Summer!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous and very scenic photos ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteWishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Beautiful landscapes. The photos are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI wish you a Happy Holidays with your family and friends.
Hugs and all the best
You live in such a magical area. Gorgeous photos. I'm glad you could get out and enjoy the sparkling fresh air and a beer and pretzel too.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas..Enjoy the holidays.
Sue
Love the spectacular photos, especially the snowscapes.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Christmas, Denise.
I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the season.
Merry Christmas Wishes.
We are looking forward to spending time with family.
All the best Jan
I really enjoyed these photos. They took me right into the scene. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful photos! I need to get out and take some down here with all the snow on our local mountains!
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful, I feel like I'm driving with you. I love the shots of the mountains in the background of some of the homes. What beauty surrounds you!
ReplyDeletethank you everyone. I'm a slug when it comes to getting back to answer comments.
ReplyDelete