I want them on the blog to add to my memories of hiking in certain areas.
We went down the mountain to our old hiking area where i got the photos below. After we saw the deer we continued along a trail and everywhere we looked it was so dry. After these photos and after we came off this trail then we walked closer down another trail that leads to the back of our house that we sold in 2011. To this day I still miss my house and these foothills I use to hike on.
We have now at this point gotten over 6" of rain in a 24 hour period and now it has turned to snow. The reports say we will get snow for several hours and as the temps drop it should stick. I don't think we will get more than an inch or two and tomorrow is going to be sunny. So these photos that I'm showing, if I go back down in a week I have a feeling it will already have greened up down there. I hope to go back in a week or two and hike farther on that trail. We went pretty far and really didn't know where it would end. This is a trail that runs parallel to the deeper canyon trail.
We parked here and headed out.
The trail that leads to the canyon and waterfall... It was very dry looking but to me beautiful regardless ...the smells,temps,etc. But then changed our mind, came back up and got on a parallel trail that went alongside and up from it.
Actually you got some really nice photos with more color (green) that I would have thought.
ReplyDeleteany green was on the upper trail parallel to the lower one - when we started walking down into the canyon it was so dry and i was telling mike about a parallel trail i remember walking on - that particular trail now is closed off by a gate but we found another one we didn't know existed. i want to go down in a couple weeks to see how green it is after the rains and if there is a creek running through the canyon again.
ReplyDeleteAlthough it really looks quite dry, the trail is very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
It is so pretty in its own way. The trail looks like a good hiking trail. I hope you can get back in a few weeks..
ReplyDeleteWow 6" in 24 hours!! that's a lot of wet coming down. And now snow..Maybe it will be a white Christmas for you.
Sue
Esos caminos , conducen a sitios maravillosos, de estos que siempre gustán fotografiar.
ReplyDeleteBesos
Is that Yucaipa? Beautiful area...
ReplyDeleteI can see why you miss living around there, if those kinds of walks are common. You really get a good perspective on how high the mountains are in your photos. I've never taken a good mountain photo that gives the impression of height like yours!
ReplyDeleteHi everyone. Going through to see what I might have missed.
ReplyDeletelinda - We were in the foothills and basically moved to the big mountains behind us when we sold. We lived in Wrightwood which is in the San Gabriel mountain range. Then we moved to the San Bernardino mountain range to Crestline.
Cheryl - This is in Alta Loma, which is in Rancho Cucamonga area. We lived there about 28 years.