Translate

Friday, January 7, 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A THANK YOU TO ALL WHO COMNENTED ON THE LAST FEW POSTS

 I read through them and realized I hadn't gotten back to thank you.  Sometimes I get sidetracked or something in me is resisting even opening my laptop because I fall into a black hole.  

Anyway, hope u are all enjoying January and the kind of weather you like - I don't care that much for snow but we did have a snow event that wasn't that bad here where I live.  However,  few towns up from me had a lot of damage from wind and snow and ice.  Lake Arrowhead had so much damage from trees coming down and smashing into some homes.  I don't know the extent of the damage just from what I'm reading on the mountain forums I go to on Facebook.

This time of year walking around the lake at about 4 o'clock gives almost too much color to take in with the reflections in the lake as the sun comes low and then starts to go down over the mountains.  I took these photos yesterday when i was about done with my walk around the lake and heading back to my car. 












10 comments:

  1. That is unrecognizable to me with the angles and the colors! I have never seen it with that much color, meaning specifically at the lake. I have seen some color in October when I was there but I am not sure we walked that lake then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry to hear about damage at Lake Arrowhead! Did you change out your header? So pretty! I love that you share photos from your walks. I can walk vicariously through them - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura - Every mid December thru first part of January is the time of the most intense reflections in the water so you wouldn't have been here at that time.

    Thanks Linda, I like to keep an online blog for looking back to see where i've been, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes about the header. We visit Green Valley Lake when the touristy stuff is over. It's at least right here in these mountains about the same altitude as Big Bear. Years ago we had a cabin there but sold it. I wish we would have kept it for retirement. I love that area. The only problem is there is basically no town except a post office, a store and a cafe and a few rental offices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    What an amazing place, the photos are wonderful. I especially loved the 2nd one with the reflections in the water, it's fantastic.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I also avoid the black hole of my laptop far too often. I read through the past few posts of yours and wonder if you have to pinch yourself to see if you really are living near so much beauty and so many wonderful houses. The natural beauty that so many of my blog friends live near is astounding. I hope your whole area gets enough snow this winter to help with the drought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, I thought I'd come back to let you know that I was another who couldn't leave a comment on your Sketches blog. It's the 3rd blogspot blog this week I couldn't. I can't get the cursor to even show up in your comment section. This is so strange, especially since we can obviously leave comments in one of your blogs but not the other. I've googled the problem but can't find anything I can understand. I think on my next blog post I'll ask if anyone has any help in clearing this problem up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..the colors and reflections are marvelous. They all look like paintings.
    We are seeing the sun today and its a crisp 45F.
    The birds seem to be happy rooting around in our backyard. They are too flitty to get pictures but I enjoy watching them.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dewena - thanks ..I'll check and see what's going on about the comments.
    Sue - The colors this time of year are almost blinding around 4:30
    glad you have sun - ...flitty birds - yeah i get that, lol..hard to make them understand they need to stay still.
    thanks Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! The photos look like paintings!

    I always enjoy walking vicariously through your amazing photos, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete