For the first time ever, I was able to walk on the other side of Boulder Bay because of how much shoreline is present now. I realized with a little more melt of the snow i could have walked the shoreline to the opposite side of the lake.
These are from March when i was last up there. Hoping for another trip around Wednesday or Thursday to see if any wildflowers are blooming.
I've never been able to get close to those big rock formations of the cabins. Finally I was able to walk right by them. Next time I should be able to walk on the shore all the way to the other side of the lake way in the background. Everything will be melted by now.
The boulders are really huge and so many near all the cabins.
ReplyDeleteFun seeing the pictures up close since I only saw them across the water from far away.
Spectacular photos, Sandy!
ReplyDeleteThose rock formations are HUGE!
Thanks for sharing this with us. I always enjoy taking a peek into your corner of the world.
Happy Tuesday!
Gorgeous photos. The sky is so blue! Funny how you call those homes cabins. They look like palaces to me. I wouldn't mind living in one of them.
ReplyDeleteNow I certainly understand why it was named Boulder Bay. Very impressive! No wonder you wanted to walk close to them and I'm glad you were able to. I guess these were formed during an ice age? And Sandy, I love the cabin you showed in your previous post. I can see why it's a favorite of yours.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous country and gorgeous views but oh so sad what the California drought is doing. Not enough snow melt here in the North.
ReplyDeleteSue
The rocks make the place picturesque.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are awesome
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scenes ~ awesome and great photos ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteWishing you love and laughter in all your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Such beautiful images! The scenery is really nice.
ReplyDeletethanks all.
ReplyDeleteLaura , it was nice walking near those rock formations, but I sure wish the lake would receive a lot of rain and snow next fall and winter.
Thanks Veronica easy to get photos when a place is so beautiful.
CJ: I always call wood houses cabins, lol...it's so deep in me because we use to own a small cabin in the early 2000s and that was in Green Valley lake and at that time it was mostly smaller cabins. I wouldn't mind a big house if my family all visited at the same time. Other than that, no way, lol..to much cleaning.
Dewena - I always think I'm going to learn about the formations and never actually do. Around where we are in the mountains the San Andreas fault runs somewhere around here. I know when we were in Wrightwood, we lived on Lark St in the San Gabriel Mountains for awhile and the San Andreas was right through this street.
Sue -yes the drought is concerning for sure.
Catalin, Rue, Carol and Martha - thanks! for the visit.