Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2022

YESTERDAY AT OUR LITTLE LOCAL LAKE

Beautiful warm day late afternoon as the south side of the lake was lit with more pre sunset colors.  I kept an eye open for even the smallest little wildflowers that might be blooming.  I actually saw these purple ones that have really tiny blooms.  They were almost hidden because they were so small and unless the light was on them I would have passed them by.  

Also took advantage and photographing a few guys fishing as i find these scenes so peaceful.  

Tree trunks are a favorite of mine to photograph if I find faces in them.  This guy on top looks like he exists only to give the birds a place to next in his mouth...yeah that's weird...  But that's what a I see.

I found the name of the "miniature lupine" which is Lupinus Bicolor.  Each petal is about the size of a toddler's little fingertip so i was happy to get some photos.  I'll go out later today for more blooming hopefully.  

Another thing happening is I see more and more little doorways in trees.  I think it's probably squirrels who chip away at the bark and make little homes for themselves .

























5 comments:

  1. First, those are not trees. They are aliens disguised as trees because they feel safe that way that they won't be discovered as they watch walkers pass by and different birds and critters that come to hang out on them. They are sizing up their prey and making plans to use their surprise on unsuspecting critters and people. Please be careful out there! I don't blame you for not knowing this because I know of no one else who really knows what's going on. ;)
    You got some wonderful photos but you might be risking your life standing there taking their pictures. I don't think they like that one little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to come back and say your lake photos are beautiful at the time of day you took them and I like the trail shots with the flowers, trees and plants all over.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beauty! I enjoy walking along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree resembles those of the Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura - your comment made me laugh. I will be very very careful around these parts. it is strange here especially at night.
    thanks Linda -
    Catalin - now I need to go watch Lord of the Rings. I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete