We've gone up to Big Bear quite a few times this summer. I was so happy last week when we were driving up there and it started to rain. Big Bear really needs rain as the lake has shrunk quite a big and then Baldwin Lake, which is more of a seasonal lake now, hasn't had hardly any water in it for several years.
The first photos are driving through Big Bear where I only took a few photos out the front window as the rain started. Can't believe how good it felt to feel rain drops and the temp cool down.
The rest of the photos are from Baldwin Lake which other than not having water in the lake - I find it beautiful out there. Obviously if you live out there (about 20 minutes from Big Bear Lake) you love wide open spaces for horse and dark skies with amazing views of the stars. I grow more fond of Baldwin Lake area with each visit.
A lot of places in California have been getting a lot of rain while others are getting no rain. We haven't had rain, only monsoonal weather but higher up the mountain some roads have gotten washed out from the huge downpours. It's been a long humid summer where we are.
Wondering how your summer is going?
It is so nice to see these photos, especially with a hint of rain refreshing these areas! I could almost smell the moisture as I looked at the photos that were taken out of the car as you drove through the big Bear area.
ReplyDeleteI would make the trip tomorrow if I knew it was going to rain. I know Running Springs got some rain today so Big Bear might have also.
DeleteLovely photos of a gorgeous area ~ Xo
ReplyDeleteWishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Thank you Carol. Hoping you have a great holiday weekend.
DeleteSo much scenery diversity in your area! Glad you got some rain. Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda - this coming weekend will be a long hot one - but all is well - I'll stay put at home by a fan.
DeleteBeautiful scenery. So different from here on the East Coast. We haven't had much rain this Summer so like other areas of the country, New England is in severe drought. Rain that does come through is hit or miss. We're supposed to get some thunderstorms rolling through later this afternoon. Fingers crossed for rain without the high winds, hail, and damage these storms can bring.
ReplyDeleteThanks CJ. Big Bear will be the coolest of the mountain towns around here this weekend. We are going to hit 97 today - ugh...Hope you get some good rain.
DeleteGorgeous!!! I would be up there all the time too.
ReplyDeletePlease can you scoot some of that rain down here in the Flatlands.
No rain for so long. Everything is tinder dry, It seems that the weather patterns are all or nothing this year.
Sue
I know Sue - so many areas without rain and then other areas flooding like down the 38 through Forest Falls, roads washed out, etc. Big Bear has gotten rain but we haven't. Stay cool on this hot weekend coming up.
DeleteBonito lugar para pasar unos buenos días.
ReplyDeleteBien nos vendría esa lluvia por aquí, tenemos un año muy seco y con muchos incendios. Un abrazo.
Thank you Laura .
DeleteHay muy buenos paisajes y unas casas encantadoras.
ReplyDeleteFeliz fin de semana. Besos
Thanks Antonia.
DeleteBeautiful photographs :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Hi Jan - thanks!
DeleteBeautiful blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteExtraordinary selection of photos. What beautiful houses and landscapes.
ReplyDeleteI especially loved the 3rd photo.
Hi Maria - I love the area however, some of the areas you walk in - I'd be out all day.
DeleteBreathtaking vistas!
ReplyDeleteIt's like a little patch of heaven!
Hugs and blessings, Sandy!
Thanks Veronica - It sure feels like it up there when the temps are perfect.
DeleteWeather is being literally Mindblowing this year for here particularly dear Sandy.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these breathtaking views of area you visit regularly and Baldwin lake area is exceptionally beautiful wow .i want to visit it once at least even though seems impossible.
Oh Baili - so much going on in your country (glad you aren't being affected by the amazing flooding going on. Take care and hope you weather is kind.
Delete