These storms just don't stop.
BUT LUCKILY we don't live in Tahoe.
adding a few pics. Total of where we are about 8 feet of snow. These pics were day or two before the blizzard actually stopped. That's bout 4 feet of snow i think on the storage shed and the snow eventually went over the fence and anyway, i'll post more to show you first hand what the news was always talking about - out here anyway, lol.
Mike was out there every day for like three weeks because of the storms that came before the blizzard trying to keep this part of the driveway clear to the road and would continually shovel off the jeep. then the plow would come around and bury us with a huge berm again over night.
This was my area below i would try to keep shoveled..all in all after these sucessive storms and the blizzard it was like this and a few times completely to the top ..all that snow had to be shoveled down to the backyard which eventually make on top of the almost 8 feet of snow we got made it another 10 feet or so berm.
another day another big load on the deck.
every damn day, lolol i would see him have to go out there and keep going.
my neighbor's house across the road before the snow got so deep we could have actually walked on top all the way to his deck.
my toyota is covered with a tarp right there.
I'm glad you posted as that means you're still there, have electricity, and Internet. I hope there's not too much damage at your house, and praying the storms stop.
ReplyDeleteyes all is well - we had to evacuate for several days when a beam in our wooden beam ceiling started cracking and then another one. We had four plus feet of snow on the roof. We had kept busy trying to keep the driveway from a certain point to the street shoveled out and also the back upper deck. All in all tht deck got more than the 91" they talked about here ..I would say it was definitely 8 feet and i would keept it shoveled as much as possible until the worst part of the blizzard came. In the back yard we had (because of snow also getting shoveled off the deck 10 foot berms going the whole length of the house because of the snow that had already fallen. I still see 8 foot drifts out my bedroom window as I"m on the bottom floor . then another storm came two days ago...another foot or so of snow here ... sun is out and were going over to the only grocery store that hasn't had roof collapse or damage in these four mountain towns down here that use these stores. Our store a couple blocks down Goodwins roof completely collapsed. one thing is i've never been in an experience where the amount of people and neighbors helping each other has been like this. Totally amazing. I'll write more later but gotta go to the store. p.s. i only saw your email your wrote quite awhile ago to my gmail account. I never check that one because i use hotmail but i did finally answer when i saw it about a week ago i think. thanks for your concern out here.
DeleteHoly cow Sandy! And it's still snowing? Crazy times for you. I just read parts of your post to my Hubs. We've only seen deep snow a couple times in our life, once when we were in college and once when we lived in Oklahoma City and had a blizzard on Christmas Eve, but nothing compared to yours. I'm glad you can still get out to the store!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda - it was definitely surreal at times ...like how did this happen in southern california. I think where we are (shady side) where we don't get much sun in the yard until summer - this will all take a month or more to melt completely. Sometimes in the past just a few foot of berm can take three weeks. I can go up to houses from where i live on the road and there is an opening without a lot of trees and I can see across the lake to the sunny side. I get so jealous when the melt starts for them and it's like a contrast between our side of the hills and theirs. This will all melt for them probably completely in a week or so.
DeleteWow I'd be jealous too! I usually love winter, but when we lived near Oklahoma City, we had a couple blizzards, and the cold and the "icebergs" created by snow plows lasted so long. Seemed like it would never warm up. Then we had the extreme cold here in north Texas in 2021 - guess I'm not as much a winter gal as I thought - lol!
DeleteGood Grief!!! And I am complaining about rain.. Guess Dave and I won't be treking up to Tahoe any time soon..or to your area for that matter.
ReplyDeleteWhat a thankless job trying to clear all that to have the plows heap more on again. Love your car tarp showing..
Take care and be safe
Sue
Wow, that is a lot of snow! I wouldn't have expected that where you live. We haven't had anything like that up here all winter.
ReplyDeleteWow! Reading this, I'm grateful we got mostly rain from these recent storms. I'm glad you are OK, but oh, so much snow to shovel!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see this post from you.
ReplyDeleteBUT GOODNESS! THAT IS A LOT OF SNOW!
Take care, my good wishes.
All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
E lo largo de años que tengo, apenas recuerdo que hay nevado en mi ciudad. No sabría andar con esa cantidad de nieve. Me fascina verla, pero no me animo, por miedo al frío, a viajar a ciudades en que cae la nieve.
ReplyDeleteQue tengas un buen día.
Only the skiers did not have enough snow this year.
ReplyDelete