Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

AUTUMN AT THE LOCAL LAKE

 Saying hello and I'm back after some time spent at my niece's house near the coast in Arroyo Grande.

I went for about three weeks to help out and enjoyed seeing them again.  My niece was still in a grieving mode since my sister passed last December.  We were able to have long talks and hopefully it helped her.  She is the only child and doesn't have brothers or sisters to help support her.  Along with her mother passing, her dad has severe Alzheimers so it's like she lost both parents.  He is living with her but to me it's obvious he doesn't really know for sure who she is. I went there to help keep an eye on him while they worked and both she and her husband started new jobs which will give them a better schedule to help deal with his needs.  I had to remind him often who I was even though my sister and I were close and often spent vacations with them at the coast.  

Back home it's mountain chilly and foggy at times but recently several days of sun before a storm moves in tomorrow for several days.  I don't mind the rain - just hoping we don't have a blizzard like last year when the snow starts at some point.

All is well here - just haven't been too inspired to blog. I was having trouble with blogger recently and finally today figured out what was going on.  I hadn't been able to post photos to blogger or comment at other blogs using my google acct.  It's all working fine now.  

Maybe more news next time I post - something that would be interesting, lol.  



25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Autumn colors in your little corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks CJ. It' hard to stay in which will happen soon enough when the snow comes.

      Delete
  2. Yay! You are back in blogosphere!
    I always look forward to your delightful posts, Sandy.
    So sorry to hear about your sister's passing.
    Your niece is blessed to have a great aunt like you.
    My mom has Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am most of the time whenever I visit.

    Love the beautiful photo.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Veronica, so sorry to read you are also dealing with a family member and it's your mom. It's so hard on the family and stressful but also feels good to help out. I'm happy to get back. It will pick up more after the holidays here meaning Thanksgiving weekend. After that I'll have lots of time before Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Ah..welcome back Sandy. I have missed you but you were doing a noble thing helping out with the family.
    Alzheimers is so difficult as I help out with my friend at least one day a week. We have known each other for 62 years and last week she kept asking me my name and if I had children. It cuts right through to the heart when the brain no longer functions as it did.
    Blog when you can it truly is a type of therapy for me and friends from around the world is truly awesome for me.
    Think we are going to have rain by Saturday here in the Sacramento area. Long time coming.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - and I do know by reading you that you are a good friend helping out with her Alzheimers. I'm not sure what stage he would be considered in...he hasn't hit the aggressive part which I understand can happen. I'll try to go back in the spring and help out again for a few weeks. Hope you get the rain - it sure has helped here in the mountains when we get snow and rain, to fill the lakes. Hopefully it's a little more gentle this winter. ugh.

      Delete
  4. We have missed you Sandy! So nice to have you "back", although I do "see" you from time to time on Instagram.
    I'm so sorry about your sister, and her husband too, that is so sad. I feel for your niece. My husband's father had Alzheimer's and he began to worry about "that blonde chick" (his wife) who kept hanging around him and touching him, because he was afraid his wife would find out. It was funny if it wasn't so sad.
    Hoping you don't have another winter like last year! Your photos are so, so pretty. Wish we had color like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - I'm glad to have figured out blogger - i simply gave up and then kept at it again and figured it out. Oh you understand about what Ken is going through. He doesn't know me but what the heck, he's fun to take on walks, lol

      Delete
  5. Nice to see this post.
    Such lovely Autumnal colours in your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. After the holiday weekend here in the states I'll be visiting and blogging more.

      Delete
  6. So lovely to see your blog post along with that spectacular scenery. I too am experiencing the same problem . I am unable to comment with my google account hence you will see my comment as annonymous and I sign off with my name at the bottom so that you know who I am. Could you please tell me how you to comment with my google account as I still cannot figure it out. Thanks Shashi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shashi ...When company leaves I will definitely go through the issues I found and help you out. I gave up and finally figured out what was wrong. The main thing to check is go into your google account and see if you have "accept third party cookies" in the on and yes accept position. That was the main thing that finally helped me.

      Delete
  7. this heading image is spectacular dear Sandy!
    how nice you stayed with your niece and brother in law for two weeks .long talks can heal her sad heavy heart i believe ! and this was best you could do at such time of grieving .
    this is sad that your brother in law is dealing with forgetfulness .i can imagine how painful it can be for people around .May your niece be blessed with strength to go through such intense situation . though while coping with such hardships we often encounter with our stronger versions undoubtedly .
    sorry that you could not blog for blogger being troubling.
    glad you could fix it and back eventually my friend!
    it is always great joy to see your fresh or old sketches everyday with small chat :)
    wishing you pleasant weather and healing to your heart !
    hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baili thanks so much for your sweet comment.. I'll be back blogging more often now. I was so frustrated with blogger i just gave up and i wasn't really doing art anymore either. But I've missed you all.

      Delete
    2. Take your time dear friend ❤
      It was pleasure to see your kind response on my comment box !
      I can relate how departure of any loved ones can demotivate one for a while. I hope you have started to make peace with situation dear Sandy and feeling better by the grace of God!
      Will be waiting for your return to blog and specially for your beautiful art ❤
      You are always in my thoughts and prayers my friend!
      Happy new year to you and loved ones. May health peace and happiness follow you all each day.amen ❤

      Delete
  8. Hello, How are things going on this side? Have a good start to the month of December.
    janicce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Janicce. So far December is going good - no snow yet, so that's great.

      Delete
  9. Passing by to wish you a merry Christmas together
    to yours, since I'm not always on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the last weekend of 2023 ...
    Stopping by to send my good wishes for the New Year that is almost here :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ~ Happy New Year to you and family ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandy, I am new to your blog though I had found some of your commenters and traveled from there. I used to live in San Diego many years ago and loved living in California. I have lived in Virginia for the last 34 years and love that too. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I had the same happen to me years ago and my niece had a terribly sad time. They live in Germany but we have this technology and we keep in touch that way. Her father seems to be okay. He is 80 and so far so good. It is a cruel disease this Alzheimer's, and hopefully they will have a breakthrough sooner than later. My heart certainly goes out to your niece and to you too. I hope that 2024 brings you both peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete