Translate

Monday, March 10, 2025

MONDAY MEMORIES

 I am a big nature lover.  I didn't know how big until I moved to the mountains.  At my long time house I knew I loved to be outside working in the yard but I also had kids, their friends and my medical transcription job I did at home.  So in those years of working I knew I preferred working outside rather than in the house cooking etc.  In fact, I would rather clean toilets than cook, although I had to cook and was ok at it.  

But we move to the mountains and I could hardly stay inside in the first 8 years or so.  I would go over to our local lake, a few blocks away. with  bird food and sit on the ground and invite them to come in and "talk".  There was one tree where all the coots would run up to me when I got near it so I called it the gathering place.   I know they enjoyed the peanuts more than the conversation but I enjoyed just sitting there and asking them about their day. 

The world has gone so crazy that I'm glad i have this connection to nature as it really soothes the mind and heart.  I hope you all have a way to relax and enjoy whatever it is you do to find peace.














  

14 comments:

  1. Disfruto con la belleza de la Naturaleza, pero cuando se hace de noche prefiero dormir en un núcleo urbano. De pequeña dormí una vez en una casa de campo y cuando se hizo de noche, eché de menos mi calle y mi cama.
    De día me lo pasé genial, jugando con los animales que había en el corral.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they love you! What a peaceful, joyful time it is to spend time with creatures that respond to you like that. And the scenery is gorgeous of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of the Gathering Place made me smile. Coots, ducks are so colorful, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had more of a variety here. Up in Big Bear they have a lot of different ones.

      Delete
  4. Yes, that definitely is The Gathering Place..love the close ups of the coots and ducks..
    Peaceful conversations for sure.
    That's the way I feel in our "Forever House" sitting on our patio and looking out on my yard..weedy as it is ...its still my place to just "BE".
    Glad to see you blogging again. Thanks for your comments on my blog.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you enjoy your patio. I miss the greeness of a lawn. I do get winter grass up here but not much.

      Delete
  5. I love how connected you are to nature! Sitting by the lake with the birds sounds so peaceful. It’s amazing how being outside can calm the mind and heart. Glad you have such a beautiful place to escape! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica (by the way thanks for the likes at my other place)...I am glad spring is finally showing up with sun and warmer temps ahead so I can conttinue enjoying nature.

      Delete
  6. Me gusta rodearme de naturaleza y donde vivo la hay. Preciosas fotos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are phenomenal! I never realized how bright the coloration is on ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattie - These are mallards female and male and the dark little guys coots. My favorite think about ducks/coots are the coots funny looking feet.

      Delete