Just catching up here on my blog to post the few photos I took in August. The weather is cooling down now and I hope to be back to my love of getting out to the various lakes and walking for exercise. We had a lot of humidity in August and thankfully, at least in the mountains the long range weather looks cool.
Here's some photos taken over at our lake at the end of August.. I can't wait for fall to start showing up. We do have a bit of color here. It's the fall colors that really inspire me to start taking photos.
After Labor day the lake area for swimming was closed but boating still remains open until some time in winter when once snow falls no one will be out in their boats.
We had a very very big bear a few nights ago trying to get into our trash barrels. I was downstairs which is a good thing. When Mike told me about it I thought, darn, I wish I had been upstairs with my camera. Not such a good idea. Anyway, he told the bear to get moving and then shut the door. The bear then traveled down the road and on our little local FB group with the neighbors just around here showed that some of them saw him. That's only the third time we have had one in our yard or next door.
How's September going for you so far? Hope all is well.





Love your header, your paintings are beautiful. Those photos instantly transport me to similar scenery with my Mom, back in the 1990s - sigh. But I'm so glad you share them. :D A bear - wow!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda. Yeah that bear - it was BIG.
DeleteMuy buenas imágenes del lago. Son unas imágenes muy refrescante, aunque en tu tierra no hará tanta calor, com la que hace aquí.
ReplyDeleteMenudo susto te has llevado con la aparición del oso.
Un abrazo.
Thanks - yes that Bear was a surprise!
DeleteThank you for sharing the beauty in the world.
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Thanks Regine.
DeleteA place surrounded by nature.
ReplyDeletePrecious Sandy 🥰
ReplyDeleteThe bear sighting had me thinking about your safety ! Hope his presence isn’t threatening to anyone!
Big thanks for these incredible photos 👍♥️
The lake is stunning ♥️♥️♥️♥️👌
And fall colours look enchanting 🥹♥️
Wishing you health,peace and happiness and to your family 🙏♥️