Translate

Wednesday, October 1, 2025

HELLO ON THI FIRST DAY OF OCTOBER

Don't really have anything new to put up - just a lot of mountain photos.  We've been enjoying really nice weather and usually busy on Thursdays and Fridays with family.  

 This house I posted  appeals to me because there are no close neighbors with dogs that bark and I like the secluded feel.  The other plus is about a half mile down the road it leads to a nice place to hike.  I would definitely love living in that house.  

We've been having new people move in to some of the closest roads where I live and it seems a few of them have dogs that like to bark.  It's not too bad as the don't leave them out all day.  

Whenever my son, who lives not too far away and family comes up they bring their dog.  If I did have a dog it would be him.  He is half pit-bull and half Huskie and loves to walk here in this area.  He loves  the nature walks he gets up here which is different than down in the city.  He has to stop every so many feet to leave his mark.  The best thing is,  he is so strong and there are a lot of uphill roads where I live  so when I walk him I let him pull me up the steep roads.   It works, lol.  

Tomorrow starts my Thursday and Friday routine with the family and the dog.  

Have a good October and enjoy the season!



10 comments:

  1. Oh my, I would love to live in that house too. There are many benefits to living in a subdivision, but oh how I love seclusion. I would move back to acreage in a heartbeat, but we have reached the point that it is difficult to take care of land. The downside to living here is that many of the neighbors have dogs that they leave out all the time - why have a dog if he is going to be outside all the time?? And they bark! i feel sorry for them. Your son's dog sounds like a sweetie. Lol on him pulling you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived in another mountain town before this one and one of the main reasons we moved was small dog that yapped all day and all night long, right behind our back fence. I talked to the owner and it didn't matter. It drove me crazy. The other reason was Wrightwood was a small town with not a lot to do. We decided to move where we are now and it was the best decision. I get that about keeping up witth the property. It is crazy even with what is juat about an acre here. The problem is if it's on an incline and you have to keep it up according to county fire requirements its a huge job. That's when i wish I lived down in a neighborhood off the mountain but then the heat is too much down there in summer. yea i had a good walk today..an hour up and down which isn't bad but he's getting stronger and really wants to pull ahead fast...I'm tired..lol..sitting on my bed and that's it for the day.

      Delete
  2. Me encanta ese bello entorno, en donde está situada la casa. Siempre disfrutando de ese bello paisaje, que ahora estoy descubriendo.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is such a cute story! 🐾 I can totally picture him happily exploring and leaving his little marks along the way. Half pit-bull, half husky sounds like the perfect mix of strength and energy for those uphill walks! It’s so fun that he actually helps pull you up the steep roads—what a workout buddy and nature explorer all in one. 🌲💪❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a beautiful house, one I would love to live in. A great photo! I live very close to my neighbors. Dogs barking all day, I feel sorry for those dogs. Your son’s dog sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you blogging again. I love the peaceful feeling of where you live, sans barking dogs of course.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the seclusion of living in the mountains! That's my life for sure! Well, not this last month with hunting season, all the weekenders are up, but soon it'll quiet down and I'll have my little paradise again. I laughed when you said you let your son's dog pull you up the hills lol...I used to have a husky and I let her do the same back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look a nice house surrounded by lovely scenery.
    Aren't the days flying by!
    Can't believe we are half way through October.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete