I think of DosEquis and snow.
This house is just down the road from us and we pass it every time we are out driving and coming back home. It's old but there is something about it when the ground is white - it looks so much more cozy.
It my mind it's called the Bear House - not to be confused with the actual Bear House Restaurant in TopTown. This photo was taken yesterday and then we got a little more snow during the night. So, I think I'll be out taking more snow photos. Hopefully a trip to Lake Arrowhead depending on the roads. They've already plowed our road early this morning.
A sweet poem I found by Del Maximo
"..sneaks in stealthily
to palpable emptiness
takes a look around
ah, all the familiar sights
it's nice to see the old place
the stains on the walls
clean spaces once protected
shielded by portraits
decor of dust and cobwebs
the smell of yesteryear
peeling wallpaper
ageless soot on masonry
hearth tools left behind
creaking floors whispering names
echoes of her heritage
broken windows breathe
as she groans for visitors
she still has her charm
this old house out in the woods
this home built by rustic hands"
This house is just down the road from us and we pass it every time we are out driving and coming back home. It's old but there is something about it when the ground is white - it looks so much more cozy.
It my mind it's called the Bear House - not to be confused with the actual Bear House Restaurant in TopTown. This photo was taken yesterday and then we got a little more snow during the night. So, I think I'll be out taking more snow photos. Hopefully a trip to Lake Arrowhead depending on the roads. They've already plowed our road early this morning.
A sweet poem I found by Del Maximo
"..sneaks in stealthily
to palpable emptiness
takes a look around
ah, all the familiar sights
it's nice to see the old place
the stains on the walls
clean spaces once protected
shielded by portraits
decor of dust and cobwebs
the smell of yesteryear
peeling wallpaper
ageless soot on masonry
hearth tools left behind
creaking floors whispering names
echoes of her heritage
broken windows breathe
as she groans for visitors
she still has her charm
this old house out in the woods
this home built by rustic hands"
cool poetry! It has a "feeling" sense with it! I like the house!
ReplyDeleteI would call it the Bear House too. Looks cute! Neat poem.
ReplyDelete