In the summer it dries out and is a big dirt area but winter and spring it's a beautiful little lake. I noticed that the ducks which usually vacate the area in summer and fall - came back again. It's the smallest little lake (probably more a pond) in the mountains but I always have to go into the area when we are near Running Springs to check it out.
The first two photos are a house far away when I'm on the highway but I use my zoom to get up close. Just was wondering what it looked like in snow so I had Mike pull over so I could zoom in and get some pics.
The orange jeep in the photo below - ...well if I was going to get another vehicle - it would be that one.
The first two photos are a house far away when I'm on the highway but I use my zoom to get up close. Just was wondering what it looked like in snow so I had Mike pull over so I could zoom in and get some pics.
The orange jeep in the photo below - ...well if I was going to get another vehicle - it would be that one.
Your images are so pretty. They have that in-between look to them (of the seasons). I'm not sure how to explain it but this time of year it still looks like winter and yet you also get glimpses of spring.
ReplyDeletei get what you mean. I have seen that too. There is some plant and i don't know what it is - a bush... especially along some of our highway up here that in the winter the branches turn pinkish red. I keep meaning to research it.
ReplyDeleteI love the orange colors in some of those photos! Very pretty and so much to choose from if one wants to paint some winter scenes. I think I am going to try to paint your house in the next day or so. I put up a strictly pen drawing of the rock house and I plan on doing some color wash on it this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI love your drawing - hope you try my little tree house.
ReplyDeleteI like the yellow house with green on it. It has a lot of character. Nice photos.
ReplyDelete