When I worked in Arcadia, Ca in the 90's I would often drive through the neighborhoods in Monrovia, especially the ones with the older houses. When I actually stop and think how long I've been retired it amazes me. I did medical transcription for about 30 years, mostly in the field of orthopedics and the last three or four years during that time I did mostly emergency room transcripts.
I haven't worked in about 12 years and if i were to go back to work i would never do transcription again. I came to really dislike my line of work and felt chained to a desk. I do not have the temperament for that anymore.
I haven't worked in about 12 years and if i were to go back to work i would never do transcription again. I came to really dislike my line of work and felt chained to a desk. I do not have the temperament for that anymore.
There are some really great neighborhoods in Monrovia and Arcadia! Hey didn't we retire the same year, end of 2005? It's been 13 years already!
ReplyDeleteyes you are right 2005...working is just a vague memory - i block it out.
ReplyDelete… it's nice to be retired :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
We used to order so much from Monrovia Nurseries years ago at our garden center. I loved to see the big truck being unloaded with the most beautiful plants.
ReplyDeletethanks Jan. Yes retirement is great.
ReplyDeleteHi Dewena - monrovia nurseries - I've seen their ads. Beautiful plants.
Neat front porch. I like the symmetry of the rocks on the sides of the stairs. My husband is retiring at the end of this month. I guess I am unofficially retired too. I'm looking forward to the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteThat's great Connie !! What plans do you have... Travel, moving staying put. I always find when people talk about retiring - ...it brings back my joy in 2006 when I got to retire and I've never regretted it.
Delete