I had the pleasure several years ago to be in Bend Oregon in the winter. This was the first time I really knew I loved snow except as a kid in Kansas...and....anywhere but in my yard for more than a few days.
I remember every time I went out walking with my camera while we were staying up in Bend, I would get excited as the scenes came into view on my walks. I went out several times a day for walks and got tons of snow pics! I think I'll share them here again. I did share some before, years ago but it's time to bring them forward again so I can enjoy it once more. It was so cold - colder than I had experienced in Wrightwood, which was my first real experience living in the mountains in winter.
I didn't even notice the cold that much - I was too busy looking for more beautiful scenes.
Anway - one of my favorite houses in the neighborhoods I walked up there - this one was just a few steps from my son's house and I 've taken pics of this house in every season that we visited.
If it were my front porch I would enjoy this front porch in spring, summer and fall and would enjoy looking at it in winter - much too cold to sit out there. It looks out upon Compas park which is a park that is created like a compass with all the neighbohood streets coming into the middle. A great place for families and friends to meet and greet each other.
I remember every time I went out walking with my camera while we were staying up in Bend, I would get excited as the scenes came into view on my walks. I went out several times a day for walks and got tons of snow pics! I think I'll share them here again. I did share some before, years ago but it's time to bring them forward again so I can enjoy it once more. It was so cold - colder than I had experienced in Wrightwood, which was my first real experience living in the mountains in winter.
I didn't even notice the cold that much - I was too busy looking for more beautiful scenes.
Anway - one of my favorite houses in the neighborhoods I walked up there - this one was just a few steps from my son's house and I 've taken pics of this house in every season that we visited.
If it were my front porch I would enjoy this front porch in spring, summer and fall and would enjoy looking at it in winter - much too cold to sit out there. It looks out upon Compas park which is a park that is created like a compass with all the neighbohood streets coming into the middle. A great place for families and friends to meet and greet each other.

Pretty house and porch. I like the bushes/trees in front of the next house down too. Compass park sounds like a neat idea in the middle of the neighborhoods like that.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty place. And it looks like it's well maintained, too.
ReplyDeleteI will enjoy seeing them again! Would love to be there in the snow for a little while!
ReplyDeleteTiene un porche magnífico un tanto en alto para divisar el paisaje. Tampoco yo me siento en la terraza en invierno y eso que aquí en miciudad no suele caer la nieve.
ReplyDeleteBesos
thanks all. One of the many places I love - kind of glad my kids moved out of state, I've got to see places i never would have visited..
ReplyDeleteLooks so nice :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan