So usually it is the people who try to come up the road and can't make the turn at the bend/curve right where our driveway is because of ice. This poor guy had four wheel drive evidently but didn't have it locked in and anyway he was coming down the road and when he made the turn and he slid into the berm. We looked out and he kept reving his engine trying to back up so Mike needed to give him a couple pointers on driving downhill after snow with no chains.
Between Mike and the guy who borrowed another shovel from our neighbor they began to shovel him out but eventually he was able to just back out...
Had to laugh just now - 5 minutes ago Mike went out to shovel our driveway and he said just wait - in a few minutes the plow will come by and leave a berm - So I'm sitting here and right now the plow went by and no doubt left a berm.
We didn't get that much snow but it's the ice underneath the snow from last night's temperatures and the remaining snow from the last storm that makes the curve a little treacherous if u aren't careful. Thank God he didn't hit the electric pole and take out our power and internet.
So now that the plow came by our road is cleared and we can get out of here for awhile!!
Between Mike and the guy who borrowed another shovel from our neighbor they began to shovel him out but eventually he was able to just back out...
Had to laugh just now - 5 minutes ago Mike went out to shovel our driveway and he said just wait - in a few minutes the plow will come by and leave a berm - So I'm sitting here and right now the plow went by and no doubt left a berm.
We didn't get that much snow but it's the ice underneath the snow from last night's temperatures and the remaining snow from the last storm that makes the curve a little treacherous if u aren't careful. Thank God he didn't hit the electric pole and take out our power and internet.
So now that the plow came by our road is cleared and we can get out of here for awhile!!
What I can't get enough of is how beautiful it looks around there. Glad I'm not trying to drive there. I've seen so many posts about the traffic on every road leading to Big Bear and I've seen photos and videos and it's really unbelievable that people just keep coming up and the idea of that kind of traffic and chaos doesn't stop them. Crazzzzzzzzy
ReplyDeleteOH I KNOW - we stay home until they go home. It is like this every year. And I don't know how many times people try to come up our road when it's icy. The worse part is right when you pass our driveway going up and go around the bend there and then it really gets steep.
ReplyDeleteit is gorgeous here though.
Winter driving on ice and snow is always a challenge. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hope you're all staying safe there.
ReplyDelete