In Big Bear, near "Boulder Bay" the lighting was finally good enough for me to get photos of the big houses across the way. Usually the way the sun hits they are in shadow and I never get good photos.
Well they certainly look lovely to me. My Lumix isn't working too well and the thing I have to use to import my photos from camera to computer has bit the dust. I have to find out what the problem is so I can post the pictures again. In the mean time I have been posting from my android phone. Its okay but I sure wish I could do things with my camera. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back again sometime. Sue
thanks Sue ...these were taken with a Fuji, an old camera of mine that i had before I got my Lumix. When the conditions are right it takes decent photos but it's not that powerful and when the lighting is off it's hard to get good definition ..etc.
I remember your name from a long time ago ...might have been from Wanda's blog. When i saw it again at Annie's it sounds so familiar - or maybe it was Brenda's blog..not sure.
WOW, this is just a beautiful place! I love this series of photos with the homes overlooking the frozen lake with a spackle of snow evident on the boulders lining the shore's edge. These pictures will make for some excellent doodling material, lady! I can't wait to see how they turn out, too!!
Hi Cathy - thanks for the visit. I have to be really motivated to tackle those big homes in a sketch...maybe someday.
hi laura- ..those are rentals I believe like almost way over 50% of home in Big Bear are. A lot of people complain that the mountain homes for full timers are down and vacation rentals and AirBNB are the big thing anymore.
connie - i agree - i have no desire to live in a big house anymore. But my desire is to have my "yard" back - the one where I owned my house - now THAT is miss.. lol.
Well they certainly look lovely to me.
ReplyDeleteMy Lumix isn't working too well and the thing I have to use to import my photos from camera to computer has bit the dust. I have to find out what the problem is so I can post the pictures again.
In the mean time I have been posting from my android phone. Its okay but I sure wish I could do things with my camera.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Come back again sometime.
Sue
thanks Sue ...these were taken with a Fuji, an old camera of mine that i had before I got my Lumix. When the conditions are right it takes decent photos but it's not that powerful and when the lighting is off it's hard to get good definition ..etc.
ReplyDeleteI remember your name from a long time ago ...might have been from Wanda's blog. When i saw it again at Annie's it sounds so familiar - or maybe it was Brenda's blog..not sure.
Sandy,
ReplyDeleteWOW, this is just a beautiful place! I love this series of photos with the homes overlooking the frozen lake with a spackle of snow evident on the boulders lining the shore's edge. These pictures will make for some excellent doodling material, lady! I can't wait to see how they turn out, too!!
Great photos! Some of the houses are so huge! I love the way the boulders show up and the light play on them! What a nice walk that must have been.
ReplyDeleteHi Cathy - thanks for the visit. I have to be really motivated to tackle those big homes in a sketch...maybe someday.
ReplyDeletehi laura- ..those are rentals I believe like almost way over 50% of home in Big Bear are. A lot of people complain that the mountain homes for full timers are down and vacation rentals and AirBNB are the big thing anymore.
La iluminación es perfecta para tomar unas buenas fotos y mostrar esas interesantes casas.
ReplyDeleteBesos
Those houses look so huge to me. They are beautiful inside as well, I'm sure, but I wouldn't want to have to be the one to clean them.
ReplyDeletegreat success to capture them so nicely dear Sandy!
ReplyDeletesuch an inspirational surroundings for an artist :)
connie - i agree - i have no desire to live in a big house anymore. But my desire is to have my "yard" back - the one where I owned my house - now THAT is miss.. lol.
ReplyDeletethanks Baili.
Thanks Ventana....et.
How beautiful!
ReplyDeletejanicce.
Another great place.
ReplyDelete