I wasn't going to post any more today but then remembered I had these photos I wanted to post from the other day.
We had to have an electric pole replaced, right across our driveway the other day so we decided to be out of the house all day because there was no power. Just yesterday we found out that next week, we will have a day without power again as they our working on something else in our area. We found out awhile ago (I may have mentioned it before) that because of the fires in Northern California this last fall which was so devastating, Edison has decided to replace over 1000 power poles here in the mountain communities that could eventually pose a threat in high winds.
Daily now, we have helicopters flying over as they are searching for problems with the poles and lines.
So.. the other day as they began work we decided to go up to Big Bear and what a beautiful day to be up there. While others were dealing with heat - Big Bear had the most beautiful weather with cool breezes across the lake. We walked an area called Pedal Path and then sat for awhile watching people play in the water. I loved the scenery across from us as I zoomed up to get the houses with the ski trails now void of snow behind the houses. I took a lot of beach photos but won't put them up at this time. People and dogs were having a great time on the shore.
We ended the day at a favorite Mexican Restaurant for Taco Tuesday and they have the best dollar tacos around - 2 dollar beers and 4.00 margaritas. Great value and food. We made the mistake of choosing a table inside and as I was sitting by a window near the outsidie patio I could feel a cool breeze come in - All of it made for a great day without power. We will probably head up there again next week when we are again powerless and if it is a cool breezy summer day I choose the patio this next time.
We had to have an electric pole replaced, right across our driveway the other day so we decided to be out of the house all day because there was no power. Just yesterday we found out that next week, we will have a day without power again as they our working on something else in our area. We found out awhile ago (I may have mentioned it before) that because of the fires in Northern California this last fall which was so devastating, Edison has decided to replace over 1000 power poles here in the mountain communities that could eventually pose a threat in high winds.
Daily now, we have helicopters flying over as they are searching for problems with the poles and lines.
So.. the other day as they began work we decided to go up to Big Bear and what a beautiful day to be up there. While others were dealing with heat - Big Bear had the most beautiful weather with cool breezes across the lake. We walked an area called Pedal Path and then sat for awhile watching people play in the water. I loved the scenery across from us as I zoomed up to get the houses with the ski trails now void of snow behind the houses. I took a lot of beach photos but won't put them up at this time. People and dogs were having a great time on the shore.
We ended the day at a favorite Mexican Restaurant for Taco Tuesday and they have the best dollar tacos around - 2 dollar beers and 4.00 margaritas. Great value and food. We made the mistake of choosing a table inside and as I was sitting by a window near the outsidie patio I could feel a cool breeze come in - All of it made for a great day without power. We will probably head up there again next week when we are again powerless and if it is a cool breezy summer day I choose the patio this next time.
Wow, what a beautiful location to escape to! Sounds so nice and which restaurant was it? was it downtown Big Bear or?
ReplyDeletethe one we took you to a few years back - the mexican restaurant .
DeletePrecioso paseo, a través de él has conseguido mu bellas imágenes y como final has aplacado la sed con una bebida muy refrescante, que es lo que se apetece con este calor.
ReplyDeleteEspero que se resuelvan los problemas eléctricos.
Besos
thank you!. They I guess, aren't quite solved - just found out another outage this coming week. They are busy bees up here taking care of old power poles to avoid fire danger.
DeleteWOW, I never tire of looking at these stunning posts...you really do live in a stunning part of the world!
ReplyDeleteAnd those drinks look just the thing on a sunny summer day!!
Ash, sheer bliss!!😊😊
Big Hugs xxx
Hi Ygraine - i do like it around here - and so many other places like the coast. i need two houses, lol mountains and ocean.
DeleteGorgeous photos of the Big Bear area. Nice that you could find a place to retreat to while you were without power.
ReplyDeleteHi Connie - thanks for the visit - hope all is well with you and your family. I miss Daisy! whine. lol
Delete